Sinister: Re: your mail

The Moody Kid ussher at xxx.ca
Fri Oct 20 22:47:09 BST 2000

My my, I haven't posted here in a while...

Andrea, your post reminds me of something (gather round kids, this is a
pointless story)...

2. I remember the dead of winter that my family moved into a new house. It
was January, so the sun would set at 4:30 in the afternoon.  Pretty
depressing, but very Canadian.  It was icy cold. The kind of cold where
you step outside and it doesn't seem too bad at first, but the chill
slowly seeps through your clothing until your fingers and toes get numb
and you must stand perfectly still because it's just warmer that way.
Movement means you open up your clothing to the cold air.

I had borrowed Paul Simon's Concert in the Park from the library and
listened to that very frequently around that time.  Soon, it became the
sound of the new house for me.  I'd always be playing it.  It felt
comforting, I guess.  My fondest memory of that time, though, is shoveling
the deep snow off the sidewalk in the darkness of a winter night and
listening to "America".  Great tune.

BTW, thanks, now I've got that damn "If I Fell" stuck in repeat mode in my
head.  Argh!!!!  Oh, has anyoned listened to the Rutles?  Great band.
Miles ahead of anything the Beatles ever did.  harhar.

The Moody Kid
"Who let the ducks out?  Quack quack quack quack"

On Fri, 20 Oct 2000, Andrea Kittenmouse wrote:

> hi,
> Sorry for two posts in one day, but I had two things to discuss:
> 1. Has anyone read anything by Lynda Barry?  For example, her novel Cruddy,
> which is amazing, or her comic book, the Best of Marlys.  She also has
> semiweekly comics on salon.com.  She is, again, amazing, and so REAL.
> 2. Does anyone here ever ride the bus or sit around listening to the same
> song over and over again on cd repeat until you don't even hear the song
> anymore except every once in a while?  There are a few songs that I have
> done this in the past with that stick out.  One is 'If I Fell' by the
> Beatles, from their album "A Hard Days Night", which I listened to about 50
> times on an hour long train ride out of the city.  The current one that I
> keep doing that with is "America" by Simon and Garfunkel.
> Thanks for listening to (or reading) my rambling crapola.
> -Andrea
>  +-+  "legion of bedroom saddo devotees" "tech-heads and students"  +-+
>  +-+  "the cardie wearing biscuit nibbling belle & sebastian list"  +-+
>  +-+       "sinsietr is a bit freaky" - stuart david, looper        +-+
>  +-+   "pasty-faced vegan geeks... and we LOST!" - NME April 2000   +-+
>  +-+       "peculiarly deranged fanbase" "frighteningly named       +-+
>  +-+           Sinister List organisation" - NME May 2000           +-+

Allen (ICQ: #35152981)
--
"If you want me, you know where I am."