Sinister: could you sleep at a time like this?

Brier Random brier at xxx.com
Sat Oct 21 10:09:50 BST 2000

When everyone on Sinister is asleep, late at night, like now, I like to
creep in and leave notes in their spiral binders.  This one is with blue
ink.  My favorite color.  (translation: favourite colour)

I should be asleep too.  When i wake up, i will paint super-cool racing
stripes on my Vespa.  Forest green stripes.  To blend in while riding thru
the woods.  Jo (my love) is nowhere to be found tonight so i gotta ride like
the wind.  Love is a battlefield.  Did you know that?  And tomorrow night
will be bittersweet, it's the last time i'll play drums with my beloved
band.  Because i quit.  To take up eukulele and be a singer, a front man.
Lucky thing i have a good front.  But the line "i hit the drums for the
final time and i walked away" still rings in my ears, and will tomorrow nite
i'm sure.  But we've got some surprises up our collective sleeves, you know.

Something so sad about the last cigarette too, you know what i mean?  Like
there's nowhere to go from there but to sleep.  But if someone's waiting and
you can't hear them.... waving and waving goodbye.... how do you bridge such
a gap?  With flowers?  Mail-art?  Shampoo?  We all want to fly, but we
can't, and only my pen runs.  Nothing doing.  Fiona asks: "are you a freak
or a freek?" and i can't quite formulate an answer.  Maybe her guess is
better than mine.  But she has these shoes that are two-tone red and black,
so she knows duplicity.  The things we do for a bottle of the red at half
past midnight has no suspense.  When rain beads off the windscreen and
reflects the traffic lights in arcs, i miss the other one.  Sitting on the
vinyl seat, waiting for something to come save me from all this rain.

It's so easy to drown, even when you don't want to drown.

Keep the chins up, kids.

Love,      Brier