Sinister: Sunday Sunday

Robin Stout ppyrrjs at xxx.uk
Sun Oct 22 15:41:39 BST 2000

	The thing with the internet is that it's like a big cupboard full of
old things that you can get lost in for hours, like I have today. I'm
doing a project on energy efficiency, and a simple search for
"Energy Efficiency" led me into the land of Narnia, and I haven't
managed to escape yet. On a Sinister note, one of the
answers my search turned up was the Fosca website, which was
funny cos I knew nothing about them before, apart from what the
delightful Erica has told us, and now I know they're an ugly bunch,
who have a healthy obsession with B+S and are into boiling kettles
less.
	So I've been sitting here in the library for two hours, tapping
away at these keys and looking out the window every now and then.
There's been a small group of people standing about at the bottom
of the tower block opposite, ever since I arrived here, and each time
I've looked up they've still been there, sitting and standing about,
like pigeons on a chimney, not doing much really. They seemed to
be looking at a couple of ropes dangling down the side of the
building, and to be honest I thought it was a bit strange, but figured it
must be what some people like to do on a Sunday afternoon. Now,
after two hours, I leant back and threw my arms up for a big yawn
and looked up at the top of the building. It was then that I noticed two
people up there, holding the ropes, and a little man in an orange hat
who jumped off the side of the building and started abseiling down
it. So they were't just standing there after all, they were watching the
abseiling, and now I am too. It's quite funny. There's a little boy who
can't keep his feet on the wall, and just plummets down the rope,
waving his legs about to try and slow himself down.
	Did anyone else see FunkySeb on telly last night, or was it just
me? He was in a short film about a boy who's mom and dad were
into computer sex, on channel 4 obviously, and played a sniggering
schoolboy. I think it was him, because although he was meant to be
a skater, he looked like he might jump up and recite a poem at any
moment.

Oh well, Songs Of Praise beckons...

Robin