Sinister: Rain and Sundays

Brier Random brier at xxx.com
Mon Oct 23 05:41:57 BST 2000

I've made a "rain mix" tape before, which is quite a fun thing to do; that
is, make a mix with a theme, where every song must contain a certain word,
or form of the word.  I will list all the rain songs i can think of at the
END of this post (which will come quickly, rest assured), so you don't have
to scroll thru a boring "liszt".

Re: Gorgon's Sundays questions:
I saw the Sundays here in Calif and i jumped on stage & gave Harriet a
bouquet of gaily scented flowers.  I had the bouquet in my hands all thru
the show, and i was near the front, and all the people around me were
saying: "Are those for her? Are you gonna give them to her? Gonna git up
there?" and i was like, "yeah, i'm going up there."  After every song the
people would say "Now??" and i would say "No, not yet."  Finally after
"Hideous Towns" i turned to everyone and said "yes, now" and without my
promting, they pushed me to the front of the crowd.  I felt twelve hands on
my back and ass, and suddenly these strangers were lifting me towards the
stage, and propelled me upwards.  I flew through the air and landed, no
kidding, on my knees in front of Harriet.  She looked very startled.  I got
to my feet and handed her the flowers, mumbled something to her which i
don't remember (prolly the usual "you're amazing") then was escorted off the
stage by roughnecks.  They led me down a hallway, i was sure they were going
to just throw me out.  Then one of the roughest necks pointed to a door and
said "No, in there." and i thought that's the room where they keep the
torture machines and hot things that burn, and pins.  But they shoved me
through the door and i was back on the floor near the front again!  Just
then the Sundays started into "Love" which was my favorite song of theirs at
the time (now it's "My Finest Hour").  I got the concert t-shirt which had
an apple and a pear on the front.  When i wear it, i thrust out my chest and
ask: "Don't i have a nice pear?"   ....Pair, geddit?

I spoke to Morrissey once at the same theater.

Oh and we had a Vespa gathering today, 25 of us cruising the main drag,
zipping thru the mountain roads, and putt-putting by the beach.  We ruled
the school.  Long live the freedom to be who we are, and smile about it.

"Have You Ever Seen The Rain?"  - Credence Clearwater Revival
"Rainy Days & Mondays" - The Carpenters
"Rainy Day Women #12 & 35
"Raining" - Buddy Holly (a.k.a. God)
"Rainy In Da Houston" - Lightnin' Hopkins
"Rain" - The Beatles
"Rainy Day, Dream Away" - Jimi Hendrix
(and countless songs with Rain in the song but not title)

Nods and sloppy kisses to Lleweth (for being a loveable cynic), Jason
Andreas (for all of it), and Foonky Tsaligouri (because).

OK, luck to you,
Brier

"You were my coughing spell, but also a lozenge of sorts."
       -Me