Sinister: Darren Hayman wears red trainers!

elenita99 elenita99 at xxx.com
Mon Oct 23 09:41:39 BST 2000

Hello hello,

The beginning of the week was awful, because of Uni work and other stuff, so
I got drunk on Wednesday. Good move, on Thursday I was all fizzy but
suddenly the week started being great.
It was a P!O!P! week really...

* Thursday : Mojave 3*
The international blues festival of Cerdanyola, a little city near
Barcelona, was offering free gigs this week. Not really blues though but
still. So I went down there with Jordi on Thursday, where we met lovely
Maria that went all the way down from Perpignan to join us. And she brought
us sweets, how nice is that? The gig was good, a bit quiet at the beginning
but it got really nice by the end.

* Friday: Hefner*
On Friday we went there again with Jordi, Maria and three of my friends cos
the lovely Hefner was playing. Well before that we had to see "Love of
Lesbian", a band from here...Well it was as good as their name, which means
not much really. But I didn't really care because I was so awfully excited
about Hefner that I would have supported a 45mn set of Slikpnot.

Then Maria and I saw Darren in the audience so we went in order to get CD
signed (we're goupies you know ;) Darren was a bit...not talkative but well
I wasnt either, cos I was all impressed, so fair enough…
We waited for quite a while, then finally they got on the stage, asked if we
were ready and started "Hello Kitten": I thought I would die of excitement
but instead my feet started moving and I jumped all around the place (and on
my neighbours feet I think but I didn't really care)

It was SUPER GRATE! Really it was, we had some old songs and some from "We
love the city", and I had a great time (and I think I was not the only one)
Best song: "The day that Thatcher dies"and "The Hymn for the cigarettes"
Best 'in-between songs bit': "OK from now on it's gonna be rock'n'roll:
firewalls, guitar solos...Try to imagine you're at a Coldplay gig and it's
getting really wiiild!"
Hefner rocks my world :)

*Friday night: Mond Club*
After the gig we took a night bus (much more nicer than London ones really)
and went to the Mond Club, the club where the pop kids are going.
Well we were expected a Marc Almmond Djing but it seems the lazy arse stayed
n bed and instead we had a resident DJing. Megod, what an experience. It
started sort of OK-ish...Then suddenly we had Robbie Williams (in a indie
club, mind you) and Marylin Manson and then it all went wrong and we had bad
80's dance. Argh. So we left early, cos after expecting one hour for the DJ
to get back to realities (we had a B&S song between two crap ones but it
wasn't enough you see) we were a bit fed up.
So we got the tube and got home (and I slept till late, mmmm lovely lazy
Saturday)

*Saturday: Niza*
A nice Spanish little band that just fit in the "twee-pop" definition on my
mind. Lovely quiet songs, it was nice.

*Sunday: rainy and windy*
So I went to see the waves crashing. Living by the sea is just fantastic.

*Highlights of the week*
I fit again in my favourite red trousers. Yeah it doesn't sound fantastic
said that way but I bet you didn't quited smoking a year ago and since then
were giving desperate looks at your fave trousers.

My stupid flatmate is on holidays for two weeks. Yay! And one of my mates is
visiting next week. Double yay!

I've been stolen my mobile phone. Again. Argh. Next one will be the third
one to be bought in a year (not to mention the two credit cards, don't tell
me I should be more careful more my parents have done it already) Still it
costs a fifth of what you pay to get a fix spanish phone line these days.
Modern life is rubbish.

*Rhyme problem of the week*
Lots of people on the list have got a name that rhymes with "baby" (Honey,
Velocity, Stevie, Carey, Lixi, Lucy, Ally, Jordi etc...See there is an
looot) Not me. I wish I had a name that rhyme with baby so people can call
me "whatever-baby" but
there is no way you can make Elena rhymes with baby really. How can I
explain to my mum I want to change my name for Teletubby so people can call
me Tubby-baby?
Am I getting rhyme obsessed?

I hope you had a pop week-end too :)
Elena xxx