Sinister: Fires! Water! and the rest of Idles peculiar weekend...

idleberry idleberry at xxx.com
Mon Oct 23 12:59:23 BST 2000

Hi,

There was a fire at the block on Saturday.
Three fire engines. It was quite a sight to see. My
flatmate alerted me to it, as I was sitting, idly in
my room, watching telly.

So I stepped out onto the balcony, to smell a wave of
smoke. I love the smell of burning things.

Three fire engines! All fully equiped with cute
firemen.
 ;)
Abi, the girl flatmate and I thought it was a shame we
couldn't be rescued...

As it turned out, the fire was in a flat two blocks
away from mine. Same level though, and afterwards
there was a stench of smoke in the corridor.

It took them ages to get it under control. There was a
warning tht they were going to shut off the power and
stuff, which irritated me a bit. But in view of the
circumstances and stuff... I guess it would have been
okay.
Yesterday morning, the flat windows were boarded up,
and outside there was a charred pram and some melted
matresses.

Fortunately, as far as I know, nobody was in when it
happened. Rumour as it that it was an electrical
appliance that started it .

Water!
Woke up on Saturday morning to find puddles of water.
Abi had put out some pans and things to catch the
drips. Apparently it was due to the heavy rainfall on
Friday night, and the electric light was removed so we
didn't electrocute ourselves or anything.

They came round this morning, to sort it out, I think
they've already sorted out the source.

I don't know what happened or why, cos this morning I
was trying to avoid my alarm clock, and stay snuggled
in bed. I dreamt I was in Oslo, arguing with an Oslo
man, in Norwegian, about taking my clothes off,
because he thought it was too warm for so many layers.

I had a strange dream Saturday too.
About a little boy and his mum who went to see an
uncle of hers. Then they went to a graveyard, and
there was an open coffin. the uncle told the little
boy to look inside, and there, he saw the uncle's dead
body.

He returned to the uncle to tell him what he saw, and
sees his mother handing over a baby. The baby was his
little sister who had died. She was handing her to the
uncle to look after in heaven.

Got to work on essays in Norwegian yesterday, and my
disertation, a creative writing piece of 5000 words.
Started in English, but I'll translate it into
Norwegian. Its pretty good. Complete with a plot and
an ending... unusual for me...

Oh, and by the way..

Its not just Glasgow that get free papers.
So do Edinburgh, and Livingston. And we get them on
the train too.

neeh.

Cherry pips darlings,

Love,