Sinister: Doings etc

Katy Dutton jellybabs at xxx.com
Mon Oct 23 14:03:49 BST 2000

Hello everyone :)

It's been sooooo long since I posted, so I thought 'Now I'm settled at Uni,
why not post?'.  Why not post indeed....

A few things have been going on.  I went to see the Delgados the other
night, who were utterly fantastic.  As David says 'I can see who wears the
trousers in that band now' (Emma).  Very very good - I imagine lots of you
went.  'Nae jaspers' - it explains a lot.

Also, I went home for the first time at the weekend.  I walked into Hillhead
station from my halls, and just as I walked round the corner, who was
staning there but Struan and Isobel.  STRUAN AND ISOBEL <g>  It was one of
those utterly knee-quaking, heart-fluttering moments.  And I had the courage
to go up and speak to them (it was an opportunity not to be missed).  Struan
was great, lovely; Isobel looked a wee bit annoyed though, I guess I did
kind of interrupt them :(  SO, Isobel, if you see this - sorry for
interrupting you (I'm the girl who randomly accosted you on Friday lunchtime
in the leather coat).

That brings my Belle and Sebastian sightings/interactions to a grand total
of...wait for it...5.  5 people that is.  I'm easily pleased, sorry.

So, non-sequitur here:  the new Hefner album.  Good or pants?  In my
opinion, it's not matching up to their previous efforts.  But, who knows -
I'm going to see them on November 3rd so I guess that'll decide how I feel.
Saw the tracklisting today for the Jeepster/Xfm album, and it looks
fantaaaaaaaaaastic :)

Anyway, I think that's enough ranting for now.  Lots of love,

Katy x