Sinister: spit in the milkshakes, and some one falls out of the window

Phillip Runion prbar at xxx.com
Wed Oct 25 01:48:39 BST 2000

today i saw one of the most intriguing fims that i have ever seen.
it was called Superstar, and it was about the rise and fall of
Karen Carpenter. The catch is that it was done with barbie dolls.
At first it was both startling and hilarious. But once the initial
surprise had past it became clear that the choice was brilliant on
many levels. The most obvious reason being that, other than it being a
documentary on KC, it was also a commentary on anorexia. It had the
creepiest cuts, like this other barbie being spanked, and archie bunkers
wife. Apparently, the movie was banned b/c the director didn't get
permission to use the Carpenters material. I wish i could remember the
director's name, but it is by the same guy who did Velvet Goldmine.
I dreamt I had to go to Mars
In Get Me Away From Here I'm Dying, I am convinced that he says "Flying"
one time at the beginning of the the second stanza of "dying[s]".
I heard something rather peculier the other day. someone told me that
Dunkin' Donuts and 7eleven's are popping up all over Europe. It's just
strange to me for some reason. I just think America needs a Safeway is all,
really. Not really, though, because when i was at Safeway a year ago, they
made you bag all of your own groceries, while in America, it comes free
with paying for all the food you just bought. Except, in Safeway they sell
bottles of spirits, a whole isle to choose from at that. In America
you'd be lucky to get a bottle of cooking wine in a grocery store. I went to
a Burger King in Edinburgh one time, yeah, and it would be like going to
an actual sit down restaurant over here. I mean, the whopper actually looked
the way it did in the picture fer chrissakes. Burger King in America=
somebody taking an old, worn out patty, throwing a slice of cheese (from
oil and water, mind you!) adding a slice of tomato with the green part all
over
it, and then some shredded lettuce from a bag, for good measure. Ketchup,
Mayo
top of the bun, and then a huge hand smashing down on top of it, squishing
it all
together, so that it's as thin as a pancake. Moral=> cook for youself.
I just couldn't ever listen to my grandmothers advice because she was
clinically
insane. jealousy, i guess. maybe not.
yours truly,
phil r