Sinister: Technical Ecstasy

Peter Miller pjmiller at xxx.es
Wed Oct 25 18:54:57 BST 2000

I find that Dunkin' Donuts donuts tend to repeat on me. Which of course
makes them excellent value for money.

Amongst the thousands of objects hurled at Luis Figo on Saturday night were
two mobile phones. I wonder if one of them was Jordi's? I once spoke to
Jordi's mum on the phone. Jordi appears to be in ecstasy over the new Gentle
Waves album's precious beauty. I think me and ElenaNena99 are going to have
to take him to next week's Jethro Tull gig. A hairy one-legged flautist
dressed as a tramp and singing about heavy horses will soon have him bang to
rights. There are (whispers) photos of Isobel dressed in school uniform
(nearly) on Jordi's list website. She's sitting in the back of a car, on
cold leopard seats, well it suddenly struck me it just might be Max after
all. Does anyone know if Max has cold leopard seats? Seems quite likely.
Isobel seems to have slimmed down a bit after the ill-fated love handle
years. Last night I watched Leeds versus Barcelona in a bar ful of geriatic
Catalonians baying for blood. I was quite relieved when they equalised.
Quite lucky to be alive. Stay at home, watch the football in my bathroom.

My favourite children's television programme was Mister Rodd - as if by
magic, a Roddkeeper appeared!

I have heard the Magnetic Fields.

You used to be able to get a special Duke discount when ordering Young and
Foolish direct from the man himself. I for one await Young and Foolish 2
with quivering anticipation. I'm very proud to appear in volume one, albeit
in a secondary role. I'm in three books, I am.

Jason Andreas left us without telling us about The WHO concert.

Well done to all the stalkers just lately, that's what the list is for, you
know.

I am listening to Here My Dear by Marvin Gaye and it sems a shame to spoil
it by spouting shite at the same time, so I'm going.

But not before answering The Pinefox: No I don't agree that Thin Lizzy are
like The Clash, but they've got some corking songs, like Tonight There's
Gonna Be a Jailbreak and The Boys Are Backing Town and You Are All I Need to
Know You Hold the Key So Don't Let Go My Sarah. I don't like The Clash much.
I think what I meant to say is that it was nice to see Simon Reynolds
talking about a good group instead of all that AR Kane nonsense. That's my
sensible view of the matter.

Weblogs are draining the very lifeblood from the list. United we stand,
divided we fall.

Sister Disco