Sinister: the cleontele

keith mclachlan ourpeppermintscene at xxx.com
Sat Oct 28 21:34:46 BST 2000

i don't think i like the way the clientele pronounce
their own name, it sounds more like the cleontele on
their website.  it seems to me i am always posting
about what i don't like apologies for that then. but
thankfully the cleontele record comes out on the day
after my birthday though my girlfriend claims she is
going to hold out until our trip to london this
christmas before forking over the substantial import
dollars.  i bet she is unable to kep that promise.
i am watching the good son and i can't get my head
around the idea of macauley culkin as the incarnation
of evil, if he had been in the omen perhaps i would
not have been stricken by it so.
i have something to say about neil hannon but i am not
allowed.
the college station here continues to play radiohead's
'idioteque' and it sounds for all the world like thom
yorke pressed the demo button on his casio sk-l and
imitated rufus the dog barking.  what a putz.
the whole tortoise/chicago axis is a scourge, parading
their tunelessness around with their heads raised
high.
wow macauley just said the f-word, is he really
simulating the kama sutra on stage?  how scary must
that be, i am still working to recover from his serial
killer poses in that sonic youth video yet he was
enough to distract me from the song which was nice.
how exciting that bob stanley is trying to get the
free design to produce the next st etienne album.
i hope ian masters releases a record soon so that
march records can stop with the strange comparisons of
the one chord warblers i live the life of a movie star
secret hideout to ian.

keith m
i love the tangents website, it warms my heart.