Sinister: Open up the broken cup, let goodly sin and sunshine in

James Thorniley james.thorniley at xxx.com
Sun Oct 29 21:03:57 GMT 2000

Hello sinister!

I've been told off again for not posting enough, so I thought I'd
better.

Halloween has come very quickly and I've just realised I haven't been
invited to a single party or anything, <sob>. At least i don't have to
worry about what to dress up in.

Nick Drake! What a fantastic chap. You must buy his records if you
haven't already. Auntsadie seems to think he's ripping off B&S in a VW
advert, but i'm not sure if that's true. Man In a Shed is the best song.

I sympathise with poor Amy with her grandfather situation since my
grandmother went just last week.

It's not like i knew her that well or really had any fond memories - she
moved up to a home in Huddersfield (many many miles away) when I was
quite little and we only saw her occasionally. And it's not like she was
having a fantastic time in that old peoples home anyway. But for some
reason it's still sad.

On the way to the funeral we listened to a lot of Nick Drake! yay! and
Belle and Sebastian, because they are also quite good.

Speaking of whom, I met a boy at school who likes belle and sebastian.
And also Nick Drake! yay! If only I was a girl, or he was a girl, then
we could fall in love.

He is rumoured to be gay, actually, but he denies it, so maybe I'd
better not try it on.

I did of course once meet a girl who liked belle and sebastian but I was
too hopeless to do anything about it.

I hope you've all been watching Roswell High on BBC 2 at 6pm on
thursdays. If you haven't then you've been missing out on the absolutely
adorable Maria, who just a few weeks ago had this hairband on that made
her look an awful lot like Isobel.

Speaking of whom, I will hopefully be going to see the Gentle Waves
(which, if you try hard, you can pronounce with a distinctly twee lisp -
try and stick a 'w' on the end of "Gentle") with a few sinistereens and
maybe this boy from school, fantastic. Who else is going? the london one
on the first of december.

"He's a mess but he'll say yes, if you just dress in white."

Oh dear, I'm in love with Hannah from S Club 7, but not with any girls
who I know in real life, that is unfortunate.

An alarming number of my friends are getting girlfriends who they met
over the internet. I'm all for being sociable over the net and chat
rooms and stuff are fun but is it really a good idea to decide you
seriously like someone who you haven't seen?

I rather like my new sideburns. My hairdresser suggested it and I
thought it would be fun. Now I look even older and it's really easy to
get various items sold to me, hurrah (being 16 as I am, I get certain
kicks out of getting into 18 films or buying booze).

This has been a disjointed post with no real purpose except to generally
advocate the purchasing and listening to of Nick Drake! yay! records,
which I apologise for but you see I can never keep my mind on one thing
and I feel I must post because I keep getting told off by a certain lad
from the list for not doing so.

So I think i should go now
hugs and kisses etc

James

Jesus he knows me, and he knows I'm right...