Sinister: It's not blood, it's grape juice...

M. Curtin mecurtin at xxx.ca
Mon Oct 30 15:20:25 GMT 2000

Hello,

I keep promising to stop writing, but this list is an excellent way to
avoid essays on prosody, so here goes:

I finally got GYBE!'s new one(!!!).  Wow.  Wow.  Wow, yet again.  I
can't believe I made it this long without it, but I made my mom detour
to the only useful record store and got the LAST COPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This happened on my birthday, so of course I knew I could attribute it
to a certain alignment of the planets.  Wow.  I almost cried during the
Coney Island part.  I never cry.  I'm the ideal bridesmaid: tear-ducts
of steel.  Such lovely bedtime music now.  I thought nothing could ever
be more beautiful than Moya, but I stand corrected.

Getting this album has made me listen to other music more accutely.
It's a disease, really.  Now I have a B&S problem.  While listening to
the Mobile Peasant, I couldn't get the idea out of my head that on
There's too much love a part of the strings sounds exactly like this
other song.  dA da dA da dA da DA da da.  I can't represent sound with
letters, sorry.  I just can't think of the other song.  It's several
decades old, and could be some sort of harmony.  I think the words at
this part are something to the effect of: "On the wings of a
nightingale...."  but I'm really not sure.  No one knows what I'm
talking about.  It's REALLY bothering me now.  REALLY.

Maybe if you have some ability to decode "da da"s you can help me out.
Please.  Au secours!

Take care and have fun ignoring this
Marybeth