Sinister: I was Sir Prize, I was crappy in a play in 1975...

Lisa & Lee leesa at xxx.com
Sun Sep 3 15:52:45 BST 2000

Greetings Sinister type folk!
In my groundbreaking (?) second ever post, I would like to return to my
theme of amazedness. All of you lovely people (ya know, *y'all*) have been
recommending or mentioning this band or that, and like a good little
girlscout I've been scribbling all of the names down in order to scurry off
to 33 degrees and check these folks out. I am overwhelmed with the plethora
of absolute wonderment that has been oh so lovingly assaulting my ears ever
since.
Of note:
Nick Drake: Can you believe I didn't know this man's musical gift?! I picked
up "Five Leaves Left" and am in Luuuuuuve.
Sodastream: veddy veddy nice! I,for one, like the classical shades and
whispers on this.
Looper: FUN music a go-go!  I like cleaning my house to this. It's get up n'
do something music!
Magnetic Fields: Bought "Get Lost" first and then "The Wayward Bus". I'm
still digesting the subtleties and sadness that IS the rawkin' 80s keyboard
sound (bit schizo, eh?) of Stephin Merritt.

Oh God, did you want to read all those mini reviews/reactions? Oh well,
other folks have written far more eloquently on the same, so that is some
comfort. No wait, it isn't. :-)

I have discovered indie pop and am found where I thought I would be forever
lost. Er, um, I mean I didn't know anyone still cared to make good music
anymore...and am glad to know they do!

Howdys to all the Texas sinister crew that emailed my after my first post;
we will both pic and nic rather soon, I should think! I am waiting for
better weather.

Speaking of weather, I am jealous of all you folks who actually get to have
autumn in September. It's still sad hot daze for us in Texas.

It's the personal narratives which mean the most to me on this list (Hi
there Ian N.!!), so keep 'em coming. Now if Sebastian and Belle the singer
would ever traverse to the wildes of Texas, I would be completely happy...

Yours in freeky geekdom (that's a good thing!!),
Love n' stuff,
Lisa xxxx p.s. I'm not blind, ya know. They overreacted to my glasses!

 ++++++  August 27th Sinister Third Birthday Red Underwear Day   ++++++