Sinister: Radiant Icons In A Godless Age

Vicki Rider vrider at xxx.net
Mon Sep 4 07:03:45 BST 2000

Hi!!

Just having one of those post-Sinister overload moments where I'm thinking,
"ahhh, I love the list, and each and every soul on it!".
Maybe it's just a reflection of the times---these past three weeks have been
very good to me since starting school. All my teachers are nice, people say
hi to me in the halls, I have a great haircut, there's two groups I can sit
with at lunch, and my editor's (hopefully) going to put my editorial on
"Suvivor" in the school newspaper (saying it's a crap show, basically). I
even saw "Breathless" and now I 'wanna get my hair cut short just like Jean
Seberg'.
But enough of that happy crap.........

We've finally opened the windows in the house because at 10:39, it's finally
cool out. Happy days! Except for a neighbor who's blasting that one song
"CEEEEEEEEEEELABRATE GOOD TIMES, C'MON!!!!!!!!!!" I didn't even know that
was a real song until now, having only heard it in commercials.

Has anyone seen the movie "Little Murders", with Elliot Gould? I just
watched it on cable the other night--completely insane and extremely great.
Highly reccomended to anyone that hasn't.

I love Peter & Gordon!! And not just because at my most
desperate-in-need-of-a-haircut moments my crop resembled Peter's. Isn't
McCartney the second voice on the chorus to "Woman"? I think it is but the
question has been bothering me for years.

Her Juiciness wrote
>Rachel W, who apparently shares email with Vicki Rider (either that or she
wants to >confuse the bejeesus out of us all).....
heehee! I'll just let everyone figure that one out. But my real name is
Rachel--hi!

A Funny Story Before I Go:
I'm at my Dad's house, and when I go to bed I notice a pile of albums on my
chair, stuff like John Denver, Seals & Croft, and the soundtrack to
"Godspell". I'm thinking EEEK! What's going on?? My dad, who buys Yo La
Tengo and Roxy Music normally, listening to this junk?? But anyway, I put it
out of my mind and go to bed.
The next morning I get up and the first thing dad says is "Rachel, give
those albums in your room back to your mom (they've been divorced longer
than I've been tying my shoes), for some reason I've ended up with them."
And now it all made sense, and I laughed and laughed.
**Sorry if no one found this funny and I've offended any John Denver fans.

Once again slinking off with no B+S content to be found...............

Cheers,
Rachel W. :-)

"I think I'm going out of style, and I've known it for awhile."-The Jesus &
Mary Chain

P.S. nifty subject, eh? It's what I've been calling all my tapes
lately--nabbed it from a book on Warhol.

 ++++++  August 27th Sinister Third Birthday Red Underwear Day   ++++++