Sinister: Dreams and Spires

Stephen Hewitt shewitt at xxx.uk
Mon Sep 4 16:45:49 BST 2000

back again

larry mickey said:

I recall reading that the band had
recorded *more* than 20 songs. Taking in
to account that there were 11 tracks on
the album, and a further three on
the "Legal Man" single

etc

and when i read it this morning it broke my dream i had, where i was in
some mystical record shop that had a bootleg version of fishyclap with
all 20 tracks on.  Unfortunately I can't remember what any of the
additional songs were...  there were lots of other grate records too in
this record store, and i was buying them !A!L!L!  I'm sure i had a dream
the other night about kalliope and one about dimensionflippy ian last
week.  You pesky sinisterines coming round and invading my head.

Someone else mentioned Francis Wheen's book on Karl Marx and i'd like to
agree with them, a fine book it is, full of lots of tales of Marx the
aspirant social climber and wannabe bourgeoisie.  The father of the
planned economy who never had two brass farthings to rub together.

The oxford picnic was, as has been previously mentioned by ms alder, a
grate success, small and perfectly formed.  The only disappointment was
not seeing any comedy punt (I said punt) moments, ie, pole/stick thing
gets stuck in river bed, bloke hangs on to it whilst punt drifts away or
small child tries to stand up in punt despite protestations of mother
and promptly falls in, but it didn't really mar the afternoon too much.
There was a rival picnic just down the bank from us featuring
metaller/physicist/nerd types who were talking about mp3 players and
things, we just pointed and laughed and talked about big brother ;)

I notice on the auction list (apart from the fact that i'm top of the
list*) that Gruff from the Super Furry Animals is offering to make you a
loaf of bread.  Special "herbal" bread prolly, oh and Sarah Martin (not
Cracknell) will take your photo.  I do hope we're all going to join in.
I want to know what stuart's offering.  It's not fair he hasn't said
yet.  Maybe we could just bid and then he can decide what he wants to
do.

*You, yes you, could have an evening to remember with ME.  First I will
cook you an exciting meal of your choosing from a wide ranging menu, and
then I'll take you out dancing, and show you how to strut your stuff the
CarsmileSteve way.  A once in a lifetime opportunity <cough>.  Surely
it's worth a tenner?  Go on then, a fiver... £2.50 minimum, you can't
say fairer than that.

xoxo

CarsmileSteve
 ++++++  August 27th Sinister Third Birthday Red Underwear Day   ++++++