Sinister: Intro

Gav buddha at xxx.com
Thu Sep 7 08:28:46 BST 2000

Hello to all the people who listen to Belle and Sebastian.

Yipee, I've finally been given a voice, so I guess I should point out that
I've arrived. I think you can also see me under the not-so-clever pseudonym
of 'GavatSublime' in the Photo page of the parent site.  This was taken at
an outdoor party near Perth in June and was a damn fine way to spend an
amazingly sunny weekend in Scotland!!

I'm Gav, 31 in a few weeks time and got into Belle and Sebastian when I
picked up a copy of the-then-just-released 'If You're Feeling Sinister' in
the local library a few years ago.  Quite what I was doing picking up a CD
of a band I had never heard of I don't know nor even why the local library
had it in stock, but that was the start of my love affair.  Heh heh, in the
last 7/8 years I've been more into dance music (specifically psychedelic
trance) but, well, essentially B and S send shivers down my spine and I've
been in love with the music ever since that first listen from the library. I
used to be into loads of indie bands when I was younger and used to
literally go to dozens of gigs in and around Glasgow, but I just generally
go out trancing around the world whenever I can.  Don't let that put you off
though, as I don't really compare 'Indie' music with the dance music I
listen to, I just like B and S as much as my psychedelic trance - only in a
different way.  I work for a (yawn) financial institution in Glasgow, read,
go to the movies, restaurants and pop over to Paris quite a bit to see my
g/f who is based there. Highlights this year, in all things, include 'Jesus'
Son' (the movie), 'Fold Your Hands Child, You Walk Like A Peasant' (the
album), Em (the person) and the birds and bees and all of we!

Anyway, I hope that something here has made sense and remember, those who
love repetitive beats aren't all bad!!!  If I wasn't listening to 140 bpm I
would probably make up a compilation with Gram Parsons/Flying Burrito
Brothers, Helen Love, Delgados. JAMC, Janis Joplin et al on it.

Bom to everyone.

Luv