Sinister: HEADINGS, they're back

Stephen Hewitt shewitt at xxx.uk
Thu Sep 7 12:31:46 BST 2000

HELLO CALLER
I was staffing reception yesterday, covering whilst the proper
receptionist had her lunch and i took a phone call.  Remembering my
proper receptionist manners, I asked the caller who was calling before
putting him through to the person he wanted to speak to.  Imagine my
surprise when the silky Irish tones at the other end of the line said,
"it's Tom Paulin."  I nearly fell off my chair, but i suppose now i'm in
the high flying world of academe i should expect these things.  It also
led to me humming "ballad of the bootboys" all afternoon.  Next week:
"ello, it's Tony Parsons, whatcha, geezer etc"

MUTATING SONGS
For some reason whenever i'm singing "waiting for the moon to rise" to
myself it mutates into "ease your feet into the sea".  What can this
mean?  Apart from the fact that i should probably listen to more non-B&S
music...

COMPETITION
What about a "Paint" painting competition.  Using only the tatty
colouring program in accessories, make a picture of the band on TOTP.
Hmm, a little microsoft-centric I suppose.  What's the equivilant
program called in UNIX?  Oh dear, i've just read honey's mail again,
better delete this bit and send it just to hon ;) We never did see the
entries to the profanathon, come to think of it (although as one of the
winners, i can exclusively reveal such B&S related swearing as "bellend
seb-arse-tian", "stuart merde-och", and "bigfatuglycellist")

SWEAR
I realise some of you may have seen this already, and you need shockwave
to get it to work, but it makes me laugh, yes, it's tourettes Barbie,
huzzah!  http://vorel.com/T-Barbie.htm (courtesy of www.ntk.net
mmmmmmmmmm, geeky)

STRANGE OLD MAN
I was walking across magdelan bridge the other day, on the way to work,
and this strange old man with a beard was walking the other way.
Without provocation, he shouted, "<something> follow sinister people"
(<something> sounded like it could be "racists" or possibly
"spaceships") which seriously freaked me, but i managed to keep
walking.  When i turned to look back at him he was STARING at me, so I
went hurridly on my way.  Anyway, it's good to see that Peter Miller has
moved to Oxford after all.

DREAMS
I can't help it, I keep having vaguely B&S related dreams.  Last nite i
was dreaming about the dog on wheels video and saying to the people who
i was watching it with (possibly my mother), "ooh, my friend's grandad's
in this video" but it didn't get to that bit (any of you who don't know
which listee this refers to should search the archives).  Maybe it's
this new house i'm living in, maybe it's on a leyline that runs through
struan's head or something...

xoxo
CarsmileSteve