Sinister: 'London has let me down again' & '� bout the souffle'

Maria Sierra mariasierraflorez at xxx.com
Fri Sep 8 11:51:52 BST 2000

Hello sinister people!

how are all you doing? I hope you are fine and you have had a nice summer.
Now it's time to go back to the routine and to the vile weather as well, but
don't feel sad about that and try to take it easy!

As for me, I have had a nice cinematographic holiday. I have spent most of
my 'summer wasting' watching films, some of them in cinemascope. I have been
listening  to 'London has let me down again' quite a lot lately and a
question about it has turned up in my mind. At the begining of the song
there are some spoken words in French that say something like "ne bouge
pas!". I was wondering where has this introduction been taken from. Do you
think it could be form the Jean-Luc Godard  film 'À bout the souffle', with
Jean-Paul Belmondo and Jean Seberg? The voice of the man reminds me to
Belmondo's one and it could be from the end of the film (when Belmondo is
killed) Maybe it's just my imagination... Please, don't laugh too much about
me if I'm wrong...

What do you think about it? I thought that perhaps somebody could tell me
the answer of it as I know that most of you like films and are very keen on
them.

Thanks to Jordi for inviting me to join the 'segundosdeluz' list. I'm glad
to see a few of you there and I'l looking forward to reading your posts in
Spanish, especially the ones from 'momia miel' (Honey, your Spanish is not
that bad and I undesrtand all of your mesage)

Kisses and autum leaves,

maria