Sinister: 'London has let me down again' & ' À bout the souffle'

St=?ISO-8859-1?B?6Q==?=phane Buron sburon at xxx.fr
Fri Sep 8 11:39:40 BST 2000

> I have been
> listening  to 'London has let me down again' quite a lot lately and a
> question about it has turned up in my mind. At the begining of the song
> there are some spoken words in French that say something like "ne bouge
> pas!". I was wondering where has this introduction been taken from. Do you
> think it could be form the Jean-Luc Godard  film 'À bout the souffle', with
> Jean-Paul Belmondo and Jean Seberg?
You're right, it's taken from A Bout de Souffle. But it's at the beginning,
when Belmondo tries to escape policemen, driving on a straight road in the
south of France. Arrested, he eventually threatens the policeman with his
gun and says "ne bouge pas ou je te brûle"... mmm... and he kills the guy...

Cheers

Stéphane