Sinister: oh i wish it could be christmas everyday.....

amy_jackson0 amy_jackson0 at xxx.uk
Fri Sep 8 18:35:40 BST 2000

i'll describe the view from my bedroom window.

the loch is choppy, and the gulls and cormorants bob like wee boats on the
waves.  the loch is u-shaped, with the isle of skye further away at the top
of the loch.  on the opposite side of the loch is a place called badachro,
which is visible on the sunniest and clearest of days, and is quite
idyllic.  the isle of skye is dark and looms on the horizon to the right of
my room.  on really frosty clear days i can see the cars and buses with
their lights driving along the island.  the gulls settle on my roof at half
past six every evening and squawk for at least an hour before flying back
out to sea for a while.  the main road of the village (okay, the only road
in the village) that runs in front of my house is quiet today.  some wee
kids from along the street say hello when i gaze out of my window sometimes.
it's beautiful in the summer, the beach infront of the house can be quite
nice and sandy and when i was little i used to go swimming there.  but the
view is nicest when it's winter.  i mean mid-winter, usually the week or so
before christmas, when it's snowy.  the torridon hills and beinn eighe to
the left of my view are all white with snow and the sunset turns them a
dusky shade of pink though which is amazing.  to the right, the cuillin
hills on skye are the same, though they stay white because they are in
front of the sunset. the kids from the summer go sledging down the road,
some on sledges but most on black plastic binliners which are always
better.  the cars drive along the main road slowly, with waves of dirty
slush gently pouring out from under their wheels.  the loch is calm and
still, the gulls shelter on the beach and are quiet.  the evenings are clear
and icy, and the windows freeze slightly because it is so cold.  when it
is pitch dark, my sister and myself stay up all night, wrap ourselves in
our duvets and sit by the window and watch the snowflakes fall as far
as the eye can see. the flakes fall, whirl and fly around like little white
fairies under the orange glare of the street lights.  we flip the windows
over so they're horizontal and let the flakes gather on the window, then
flip them back vertical and watch the snow fall to the bottom.  then by
morning there is a fresh layer of thick fluffy white snow, and the kids go
back outside and make snowmen and sledge again. i like it best when
it's untouched.

i'm gonna miss the winter here. i bet glasgow doesn't get sunsets like we
do.

joocy loocy's tale of the oxford pic-a-nic is my favourite sini-post in
a very very long time.  :)

i just heard "take on me" by a-ha on telly.  morten harket (or however you
spell his name) reminds me of roddy woomble from idlewild.  "take on me" is
a grate song.

when i checked my email this morning i saw i got a list crush vote.  this
made me smile.  please, whoever you are, email me, just so i know and don't
go mad with curiosity, you wouldn't want that would ya?  ;)

i'm listening to my sister's "new woman summer 2000" cd.  it's, erm,
interesting.  c**ig d*v*d is on now.  hmm....  *however* it does have "say
my name" by destiny's child which i love, even though i have major problems
with r'n b muzak, that song is grate.  as is "dreams" by gabrielle which is
one of my all time favourite songs, good memories of when i was younger and
i always wanted a cool bejewelled eyepatch like hers, even though i didn't
need one.

i bought the nicest, koolest coat the other day.  it's beige and corduroy
and goes down to my knees and i love it. i flip the collar up and i can hide
my head in it on the bus and listen to "sleep the clock around" on my
headphones and no one can see me and i can't see them so the hard kids stay
away.  it makes me look like a sweet indiepop kid. which i am anyway, but
now it's nice to look like one.  i put my belle and seb badges on it (upside
down of course) and it looks even better.

out of interest, y'know the b&S patches? well, should i sew that on upside
down, like a bigger version of the sinister badge thing?  i want to put it
on my bag that i'll use in glasgow, though i don't actually have one
yet..... anyone know where i can get a corduroy rucksack asap?!

big brother is getting interesting now.  i want anna to win.  or darren.  or
craig.  just not mel cos she's a wee tart and she's a cow and i have massive
problems with her.  grr!  and she snogged tom!  gorgeous tom!!  double
grr!!!  so all of you phone up and vote her to be evicted cos the look on
her face if her name was announced would be tremendous!! and think how much
the crowd would boo!  and how davina mccall would slag her off, only mel is
too thick so she wouldn't notice!!!  ~evil laugh~

this is too long.

hugs,
amy xoxox