Sinister: It may be just rock and roll, but I live it anyway...

Jason Andreas jasonandreas at xxx.net
Sat Sep 9 22:47:07 BST 2000

Hi twee folk..

That was a semi-deliberate typo in the subject, by the way ;)

SITTING DOWN AT A GIG IS UNNATURAL!!!

Sorry, just felt the need to get that off my chest. Went to see Lou Reed the
other night, unfortunately the Velvet Underground weren't with him, but I
suppose that's only to be expected. Anyway, it was at the Glasgow Royal
Concert Hall, an all-seater venue. Now, when I went to see Beck, that was
all-seater too, but everyone stood up anyway (except for some freaks in the
*front* row, but that's another story...) But at Lou Reed, whenever I stood
up, the folk behind me ordered me to sit down! It just felt weird, almost
unatmospehric... Still, I managed to remain standing for the whole of Sweet
Jane. <grin> The gig was still hugely enjoyable, however, and I'd love to
see a Greatest Hits tour sooner or later...

My next crusty gig is Bob Dylan, then The Who. I should have been born
20-odd years earlier...

RADIOHEAD SOON!!!! (sorry, excitable)
The amount of people I'm accompanying to this gig has dropped dramatically
for various reasons, none of which I want to go into, but it should still be
GRATE!

Getting worried about a lot of people at the moment, so many things going
wrong in so many people's lives. *sigh* It's that time of year again...

I see young Sweetie has found love. Good on you, kid, make sure you grab it
with both hands, cos it *is* worth the effort, despite what I cynically used
to say <grin> Seven months isn't as long as it sounds - don't you ever think
"my god, the year's flown past"? well it'll be like that :)

Young Amy Jackson's leaving the beautiful sunsets and open spaces (more
spaces than anything, apparently) of the highlands for Glasgow. Doubtless
she'll want to go back within a month - but Glasgow's like a road accident,
you tend to stick around to see what'll happen next... See you in a
fortnight, kiddo.

My cuddly ET is doing really well <grin> He really suits the Tartan "jock"
hat (as worn by Scotland fans worldwide) and shades... Anyone who wants a
picture of him need but to ask...

You ever have a really weird day where nothing goes wrong, but everything
feels like it's about to? That's my existance at the moment, so nyah nyah!!!

I wish Godspeed You Black Emperor! were playing Glasgow as well as English
cities :( Same goes for so many bands in the past few years that I'd have
loved to have gone to see. Why do they either just play one gig in the UK -
London, or announce a 'UK Tour' than only plays English venues? Grr!!
Example of the one gig in the UK thing is Rage Against The Machine. And for
the second point, they played Reading and Leeds, but not the sister festival
to thetwo in Glasgow :(

GRRRR! <grin>

Well I've babbled enough here.... G'night

--Jason Andreas
Guardian of the Obvious

It is said, that when He saw a weed trying to
grow between two rocks, that he moved one
of the rocks. Later, when He saw that the weed
was flourishing, he placed the rock back on top.
He explained to us; 'That was its fate.'

ICQ: 45821217  AIM: RadioJase