Sinister: my teeth are sharp and my mouth is full

Blake hamibe02 at xxx.edu
Mon Sep 11 01:15:30 BST 2000

it's been a while.  i've been meaning to post off and on since mid-june, but
always due to immediate embarassment as to what i was feeling or thinking,
or the repulsiveness i found with my keyboard, i put it off.  so here i am.
and what do i say now?  what really must i say?  well i'll try my best.

listen:  i was standing in the queue (i have no other way to describe it) to
enter my english class when a girl said 'hey, is that a belle and sebastian
shirt?'.  i of course had my stow shirt on.  i was totally flabergasted.  i
didn't know anyone at wake forest had a soul.  much to my chagrin i realized
that they aren't all paper clowns.  (settle down blake, lets not get
bitter).  but the girl went on to say that she thought the new one wasn't as
good as TBWTAS.  i really didn't have a rebuttal.  i had no need to rebut.
i was still very floored.

listen:  i saw the who three times this summer and i will see them twice
more before the year is over and i recommend everyone to go see them.  sure
it's not the 70s but they still put on the best show around.  i can only do
so much, i realize.

listen:  there are two bands that i will now inquire if they're popular or
not to you all?  they are:  phish and sunny day real estate.  i suspect
there may be more SDRE fans here than phish.  phish were my favorite band
when i was a freshman in high school so i went out and bought some of their
albums again, after i sold them last year (business is not my strong suit,
you see).  they are at times very pretty, but i can't see why i liked them
so so much.  as for SDRE i've been told to go buy the one before the rising
tide about a thousand times.  but it wasn't there, so i bought the rising
tide.  i've actually seen these guys in concert and jeremy enigk's voice is
just terrific.  i just thought i'd let everyone know.

listen:  i'm sure many of us have had experience with this debacle.  having
a crush on a tease.  a self annointed tease, no less.  so what does one do?
do the niceties and generally darling things this person does implant
themselves in your skull as abnormal and specifically for you?  or are they
just very normal advances/niceties that you (I) should not take seriously.
it's a tough line to walk on.  too bad we can't all just smooch uninhibated.

i am going to make soup.  may your fall be warmer than usual.
love
the nerdy shy-eyed pacifist
blake

http://members.tripod.com/nucleartrout