Sinister: she gives me goose bumps, fits and malaria

Lawrence Mikkelsen mikelsen at xxx.nz
Mon Sep 11 08:26:32 BST 2000

Hey Hipsters!

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was pretty crap - I spent half a day
cooking on Saturday, and then on Sunday I went out to lunch with the three
people from my old school who I don't despise. We had yum char, and boy did
we eat. it was a seafood, duck and port extravaganza. Sunday night I had a
massive argument with some friends over a game of Pictionary, stomed out,
and now everyone is mad at me. Bravo Lawrence ..

***SMILE***
I wonder if Steve C has actually heard "Smile", to be calling it 'The
Greatst Album Never Made"? I have a bootleg, and whilst it is *interesting*,
the best description I would have for it is "the sound of a man going
insane". Sure, there are moments of genius, but there are also moments of
momentous stupidity and childishness. (And OK, what I have is not the
completed album, but rather a bunch of rough cuts etc.), but it sure is hard
to lisen to. And you are talking to a BIG Brian Wilson here.

***THE GREAT CD GIVEAWAY*** (Well, not quite .... but Lawrence is feeling
mildly altruistic)
Anyway, the ulterior motive for this post is that, for long and complicated
reasons too complex to go into here, I have suddenly ended up with an extra
copy of "The Black Sessions" on CD-R. So .... err, anyone want it? It's free
to a good home for the first person who e-mails me and asks for it, unless
someone on the list can offer me a CD-R of Tim Buckley's "Star Sailor" or
Sodastream's "Enjoy EP" as a trade, in which case it'll go to that person.
(But that this is impossibly is unlikely to happen I suspect.)

Other legal stuff. Judge's decision is final, no corrospondance will be
entered into etc. I'll try to mail back the people who *don't get it* too,
but if I get something in the vicinity of 50 e-mails, like I did the last
time I did this, it may take a while. To quote Bart Simpson, "I can't
promise to try, but I'll try to try."

Well, I'm off .... take care everyone.

Lawrence Mikkelsen