Sinister: ...Waiting for the leaves to fall...

Joan of Dark silmaril at xxx.gr
Mon Sep 11 23:51:50 BST 2000

I don't think it's of general interest but the following is somehow B&S
related so I'll say it anyway..

...One of the loveliest people came into my life a few days ago....
In fact it was more like a storm....

I met the only other person that, apart from me and my best friend,
listens to Belle & Sebastian in Greece(well, not literally, just the
only person in-real-life, as I've often heard or read about other people
that like their music but I've never met one)So, it all happened because
of my info on the icq...I had added " belle and sebastian" to "Music:"
and.... ta da!!! It worked!(advice: never underestimate what belle and
sebastian can add to your life)

He only speaks in lyrics and plays his favourite songs to me on the
phone. We can talk or simply remain silent for hours and, this doesn't
feel awkward. He spent a whole windy afternoon with me on the cliffs
near the harbour and said he'd like to wear glitter(or stardust, as we
call it here), but everybody else thinks this is ridiculous .He bowed
his
head and said :"Look, I've come to terms and have accepted all aspects
of myself". A dog was chasing rats between the rocks and he called me
"belle".I fell in love.( Although I'm not very good at showing it)

Today I was working in the ice-cream shop I work in and I was trying to
scoop a nice round ball, exactly 70gr (as the company rules say) from a
really hard ice cream flavour, when suddenly " I Fought in a War " came
on the radio. For a moment I lost track of where I was and what I was
doing, just stood there with the scoop in one hand the paper cup in the
other, gazing at the "apple and cinnamon" container,counting the tiny
cinnamon grains in the soft beige substance, for I don't know how
long.Next thing i remember is the lady that was waiting for her
order,asking me, quite worried.."excuse me, are you ok??" I came round
served her her ice cream and went and sat in the most secluded part of
the shop, wishing that noone would interrupt me before the song
finished... Noone did and I was feeling happy for the rest of the
evening.Pretty uncommon for me.

I need some help here...When i came back from my holidays my email
account simply wouldn't work, it downloaded just 50 emails or so and
then left the other 300 pending on the server. I had to change internet
connection and thus I lost all my previous emails as soon as I filled in
the new connection's passwords in my mail preferences.I need to find
someone though...I had read his email just once and the only things I
can recall is that he was new on the list, in fact it was his first
post,and a phrase in the first paragraph:"Hey don't look I'm NEW and I'm
NAKED" or something like that. I can't find his email in the archives
so....Hmmmmm.........if YOU are reading this then please get in
touch...I promise I'll do you no harm and I'll even give you some
clothes to wear, it's getting rather chilly now in fall....

Another request.....I'm wondering, I've been reading a lot about "Rhoda"
and "Pocket Book Angel", I've downloaded the guitar tabs but it's rather
difficult to play a song that you've never before listened to.I can't
find them on Napster either....So....ehhmmmm....could someone perhaps
send me any of these two songs?? You'd make me really happy if you
did...I guess they are the only two B&S songs that i don't have and
everyone says they're two of their best...(how can I possibly know?)I
can exchange them with lots of other nice stuff.Just ,pleeease, email me
privately.......or send them to this alternate address:
terrorjo at hotmail.com

I saw Dandy Warhols the other day......they were cool....I danced my
brains out...
I'm going to see Doves in a few days....( the thing is: should I? Any
opinions?)
I'm also going to see a new Norwegian band, Madrugada.....does anybody
out there know them?I think they're really good....

Adam Conover wrote:
> ok, i'm sorry, i -must- ask this question... but who wrote "waiting for
> the moon to rise"? i SWEAR i heard from NUMEROUS places that it was sarah,
> and it surely doesn't sound like isobel on the song, but quite a few
> people here have said it was isobel. what's UP?

I'm curious about that as well.....anyone can help me with this?This is
one of the most wonderful songs I've ever heard.I put it on the "repeat"
mode on my stereo and just sit on the floor and sulk for hours....That
soft silky voice whispering words that drip in my soul and fill my heart
with an unspeakable sadness, I just can't hold back the tears....

This email is getting rather long....I hope someone can help me with the
questions and requests above, if you haven't already fallen asleep.....

Clear blue skies and colourful autumn leaves to you all,
love,

"If you could forgive me for the times
I spied through the keyhole to watch you smile
then this life I could relive

If I could count the tears that I have cried
If you could count and find the truths you've lied
this pain inside maybe we would relieve...."

                                     me