Sinister: webby wonders and poetic writings

Alex Puck alex.puck at xxx.com
Wed Sep 13 00:55:44 BST 2000

Hello again!
Well, I thought I'd best pull my weight and actually post something again,
so here goes. Apologies for all the crappy bits but I've been designing a
web-page for my friend, who wants it to advertise his DJing skills, even
though he only plays charty-dancy stuff... and I'm tired.
So, I managed to sleep in to two today having been in the pub all night, and
thus missed my Jobseekers sign in time today; does anybody know what to do
or will the government just send out some 'heavies' to 'sort me out'? Also
spent loads of time writing silly poems, so my pitch for the new list
competition is that we all write a silly poem each, and the silliest gets a
prize. Well, it's worth a go...
I was a little disturbed by the Isobel debate; I think her contributions are
all really good, and they fit in quite well with the sound of the albums
that she sings on. And the Gentle Waves CD was quite good too. And she's
very pretty... (coff)
Anyhow...
Greg thought no-one read the entirety of messages to the list. Well, I did,
and I too now look with a different light on the policing forces of the
united kingdom!! Mush ado is a good play; I prefer A Midsummer Nights Dream
though. Does anyone else have a favourite Shakespeare they did at school or
am I going to win the 'very sad' award?!
Chris's obsession with not wearing clothes is rapidly becoming like a very
dodgy web-page, but much more entertaining! But who IS will Porter, and if I
were you Chris, I'd watch what you eat when you're naked... those burns can
look REALLY bad.
Lucy Alder's description of the picnic in oxford is still hauntingly
beautiful!! I know where she mean because I was there a few weeks back, and
I wished I lived in Oxford.
Amy Jackson's last post was also v. poetic.
And, er.. all my sympathy to Carey Lander. Tesco's can be a bitch, I know,
as I used to work in the bakery of our local one when I was a young A-Level
student. But that was a very cool little post!!
Joan, if you send me a mail in a week I should have both those songs, but my
scurrilous friend has my tape with all the B&S rarities on it, the
scoundrel... Only just got Rhoda, but it's really good.
Also, just read Fiona's post; Glad to see someone else here doesn't like
Manchester United. One of my friends insists they're all deities...
Well, all the best people, I hope everyone's having a nice autumn so far!!
Alex