Sinister: mushy peas, Dale

richard sudworth rsudworth at xxx.com
Wed Sep 13 02:55:31 BST 2000

Felt inspired by this shelf stacker post, particularly since i like to
whistle in supermarkets.  oh and because i need something to do at 10 to 3
in the morning. I was chatting to this strange boy about necrophillia in the
Jeepster chat room but my computer obviously isn't open minded so decided to
go mad and switch off, ah my long lost necrophilliac friend! You where there
but now you're gone.

Anyway, supermarkets. They're my life.  So many interesting people and
products.  I always go late at night to my local Sainsburys, either because
I sleep all day or because the light looks so inviting late at night.
Firstly there's the homeless guy outside.  He always asks for a snickers and
a crunch corner. Last time I bought these for him he didn't like the flavour
I got and so I haven't bought him one since. All the Crunch Corners are
lovely, what kind of insanity does this man suffer? Now once I get inside
there has to be a ritual. Next, examine the magazines. Usually its best to
look at the current Face, just to wonder if its worth buying for the badges.
  But no, £2.70 for a fashion special sucks, even if you do get an 'I hate
Travis' badge.  Can't look at Top of the Pops magazine incase Steps get me
over excited.

This is kind of dull. Not sure that describing what I do in the supermarket
really speaks of my supermarket obsession. I just like wondering round and
humming to myself.  Trying to work out peoples lives from their shopping is
a good game.  Or the faces.  Everyone is equal through food shopping, even
god probably has to buy his chick peas from somewhere.

So anyway, none of that came out in the poetic manner i meant it too so I'll
give up. I sometimes wonder if I go to Sainsburys because it has the best
looking shelf stackers, but it must be deeper than that.

rich.