Sinister: sad but beautiful

chris lampinen chrislampinen at xxx.com
Wed Sep 13 06:44:44 BST 2000

Hello.

Today was a sad day.

Walking to class I was sure I was dreaming. Late and I hadn't done my work-
abundant anxiety. My steps were hurried but for some reason my pace seemed
slow. Couldn't move fast regardless of how hard I tried. No way I was going
to make it on time.

So, the day was set to be shit.

But-

Then. I ran into an old crush of mine. We met a few months back in a park.
She had an interest in B&S, so did I. First B&S fan I ever met. We totally
clicked. I fell. Completely infatuated, lovesick before I knew her name. We
spent the whole day together, watching the birds, chewing gum, smoking too
many cigarettes...it was lovely. At least, until the Bad Thing happened.

I don't really need to go into the Bad Thing. The relevant information:

1) It tore us apart
2) I never thought I'd see her again because of it.

Well, I did.

She goes to my school, which I didn't know. I found her roaming the hallways
alone, looking at the ground, seemingly lost in thought or despair (much
like myself). I grabbed her shoulder and smiled. She smiled back.

We skipped our classes and went to her house. No one was home.

We sat on her bed chatting for a while. About life, about art, about
everything. Of course, we both knew where it was all leading. Getting! it!
awn!

She took my hand and leaned over to kiss me. I stopped her.

"What's wrong?" she asked.
"The mood..we need music." I replied.
"CD's...on the bookshelf. Please hurry.."
"No. I've got my own."

I took out a CD I had hidden in my backpack and showed it to her. She
smiled. It was CD-R I made, entitled:
"Romantic B&S Songs for Sweet-Hearts"

She had no idea what was coming.

See, the case said "Romantic B&S Songs for Sweet Hearts," but the actual
CD-R was my ULTIMATE DISCO PARTY MIX.

I set the volume on "ULTRA-HIGH!" when she wasn't looking and popped the CD
in. I sat back down next to her on the bed, remote in my hand.

She leaned over to kiss me. I hit play.

THE DISCO BEATS STARTED BUMPING!

"AGHAGHAHGHHHHH!" I shouted.

Her jaw was nearly touching her chest. I'm sure I would have seen tears
gently rolling down her cheeks onto her tongue had I been paying any
attention. I wasn't though.

I WAS GETTING DOWN WITH MY BAD SELF!

"YEAH MAD DISCO PARTY IN THIS BIZNITCH!" I screamed. The neighbors were
flocking to the windows.

"Chr-chr-christiaan?" the girl stuttered.
"TALK TO THE HAND IT'S DISCO TIME!"

She cried and I DANCED. Eventually she got enough nerve to kick me out.

I'm not rude, I left without a fight. When I got to the sidewalk I stripped
to my undies and started singing S Club 7's bring it all back.

YEAH!

So it wasn't a bad day after all because I got to dance to my ULTIMATE DISCO
PARTY MIX!! And sing S Club 7 outside in my undies!!

I am happy now! I hope you are too!!

Love,
Christiaan