Sinister: astronomy will have to be revised

Emily Wilska wilska at xxx.net
Wed Sep 13 22:40:32 BST 2000

So, right then.

*I'M GONNA BREAK THE RULES FOR SIX-POINT-THREE SECONDS* (avert your eyes!
nothing to see here!)

I simply had to write and say, "Vive la morte de la Beatles debate!"  Yes,
yes, say of me what you will, and hurl things at me when my back is turned,
and put chewed-up gum on chair in hopes that I'll sit on it--just please,
PLEASE, do not revive the minutiae-laden discussion of the band.  I've spent
the last week going all glassy-eyed and slack-jawed whenever the words J**n,
P**l, or R***o appear in a message, and my down-arrow and Delete keys are
getting overused.

*BECOMING A LAW-ABIDING CITIZEN AGAIN* (there but for the grace of Honey go
I)

It's a ridiculously grey day here in San Francisco.  Our "summer" (I use the
term loosely) comes in September and October, and it's been rather crap thus
far, so I've rebelled by spending some time tooling about in the collection
of listees' photos.  (That'll show the weather, now, won't it??)  Who know
that there were so many lovely boys in our midst?  I surely didn't, but am
most pleased to discover that this is indeed the case.  And what with all
the recent chatter about nakedness, you know,...

Shall stop there before I teeter toward (or over) the edge of
inappropriateness.

The various Tales of Picnic(k)ing circulating around the list as of late
have made me agree with Ms. Santa Cruz, Margo Schubert, that we Northern
Californians should put down our Odwallas/Cosmopolitans/Your Drink of Choice
Here-s for a moment or two and motivate to gather together in the name of
all things, um, picnic-y.  Won't you join the fun??

My friend Noel, whom I trust completely in matters such as these, claims
that our pals Godspeed You Black Emperor are making their way to the City by
the Bay on 10/30 and 10/31, which fills me with glee.  If we can't witness
the glory that is a live performance by a multi-part band of fabulousness
from Scotland, we can damn well witness the glory that is a live performance
by a multi-part band of fabulousness from Canada.  Are you with me,
Comrades?

I think I see the sun.

-emily