No subject

Ewan Dunbar dunbare at xxx.net
Thu Sep 14 05:01:17 BST 2000

well, first off, those clues about the tautology and the oxymoron
narrowed it down and I found what may be the answers fairly quickly; for
the tautology, "lewd and lascivious" from The Boy, and for the oxymoron,
"They let Lisa go blind/The world was at her feet and she was looking
down", which I see as an oxymoron because she obviously wasn't LOOKING
anywhere.  I could be right, wrong, silly, dreaming, etc. but I like
those answers.

anyway, there is a Modest Mouse concert in Toronto on monday, and
provided I can come up with a plan which satisfies my mother (she is the
one with a credit card) by tomorrow, I should be going. the trouble came
when I told her I had a math test tuesday morning. humph. the bus and
the train don't come back to stratford until the next morning, so I'll
have to ask more people if they can drive tomorrow. everyone I asked up
to now said they either couldn't drive, did drive but didn't have their
license, or couldn't drive monday night. so I'll look harder! or no
modest mouse, which would be bad, because not too long after I heard of
them for the first time on this list I found out they would be in
toronto on the 18th. aughh.

I was going to say something else... I'm pretty sure it was not about
Keith Secola, but I thought I would bring him up; he's a native american
(although I always feel kinda weird using the proper politically correct
term because native american persons so often use the term "indian" and
canada still has a Ministry of Indian Affairs, don't they? no problem
with convention, I don't actually think they are from india or
anything...) ... anyway, he is a native american artist (in this case I
mean musician) who sounds sorta kinda leonard cohenish, and I think
everyone should at least hear "indian cars" because it is a cool song.
that's not what I was going to say. I can't remember. darn. anyway.