Sinister: Gawking once again

William Harris wmh74 at xxx.com
Thu Sep 14 07:49:19 BST 2000

Comrades,

It's been some time since I've posted. I was rather upset that no one picked
up on my whole Orwellian theory about our names slowly changing into our
e-mail names. I looked once, twice... nope, no one seemed to care a jot that
my name might become wmh74 or that you also might possess a particularly
ungainly name. So I decided to just leer at you all. If you've felt a
prickly sensation on the back of your neck lately, that's me. Glowering and
wearing a black duster in the shadows. Oh, I know where you all live... and
Llew, you really should do some more dusting in the corners of your bedroom.
I almost contracted black lung disease hanging out there.

Actually, I've just moved from Chicago to Seattle. The drive out was
terrific and lonely. There's nothing like the empty sky of the Great Plains
to make one feel small and terribly still inside. I suppose that's what
drove the folks of Mitchell, South Dakota to build and maintain the Fabulous
and Gawdy Corn Palace. They needed to make their insides giddy with
something. I listened to belle and sebastian only a little bit on the trip
I'm afraid to admit. That's the only real b&s content I can serve up here.
Anyway, any Seattle folks should send a little note to me at my e-mail
address: wmh74 at hotmail.com  I'll write back if you don't seem like your one
of those thugs who's going around beating up all those white gents here.
Yes, I will. Perhaps we can even get a picnic or something going before the
slate-like winter.

I'll keep this short so I can get back to my gawking.

The slack-jawed yokel,

Bill

PS--Was watching the Flying Circus tonight and saw the episode where Ringo
is hanging out on a sofa at the very end and the character that Michael
Palin plays that starts out all the shows by simply saying, "It's..." and
then they start the whole animation thing... you know, the one with the long
beard and the raggedy clothes...yeah him. He comes out and sits down and
then the end credits run and then he head-locks Ringo. Well, it was funny.
Far better than my description. I just thought I'd throw that in there b/c
of the whole beatles debate. Whether he was the best drummer or not...
whatever. He was the funniest looking one and that counts for something.