Sinister: It's a one way ticket to a mad man situation

Erica MacArthur Macarthur at xxx.com
Thu Sep 14 11:35:48 BST 2000

Dear List,

I'm disappointed this Petrol-hugging campaign isn't going to turn into a
full-on civil war - I was quite looking forward to stocking the attic with
Spam and condensed milk, and joining a troop of dancing girls with sequinned
bodices to keep the ranks happy. I suppose it wouldn't quite be Blitz 2000
if we were fighting amongst ourselves.

Myself and friend Hannah Doll have decided we are Style Fascists.* We are
right, and you are wrong, that's the spirit! We are the Plastic Mafia and
we're coming atcha. When we get our act together, that is. There are so many
things we said we'd do, last summer we were ready to take on the world,
these days we just bemoan it. I'm Eighteen in less than a month and I haven'
t achieved a single thing, and that's intensely depressing.

As we walked over a Motorway bridge in Stevenage to the cinema last night,
my boy comments that in the City he sees nothing but opportunity, but out in
the Sticks, all he can see is a Full Stop - but he's so wrong, because we're
going to get out of here, I'm going to get out of here, and I'm going to
show everyone a thing or two, I just have to indulge the system for one more
year.

The Sugarbabes single is brilliant, buy it! It's a shame they're called the
Sugarbabes, really, as I really like the cut of their jib.

I empathise with Carey's wrath for the retail trade. Some of you might
remember I'm employed in Mrs Moy's (or, as we like to call her, Meanie Moy)
Sweet Shop, and have no end of fun overcharging customers and rubbing the
names off the reserved magazines. Recently, a man strode into the Sweet Shop
and asked for a Map of Bedfordshire and a pint of milk. I mean, really!

I'm back by the way. Hello.

Erica

*You haven't been contributing to the Sinister Your Slip Is Showing Gallery
recently and myself a certain Miss Honey are entirely ashamed of you. Let's
get this a go-go.

http://welcome.to/houseofscarlet