Sinister: Sergeant Twee Is Going to Help Me

Brian Pennington cellophanesky at xxx.com
Fri Sep 15 07:32:48 BST 2000

Hello Sinisterines,
	Today I returned from New York. I was supposed to return from
it yesterday but I missed a plane. Very stressful experience, that.
So I caught a very early flight and slept through the Trembling Blue
Stars Peel Session and a Very Important Phone Call. The phone call I
can call back about, even though it was from people who are thinking
of paying me money to do things on a regular basis, but the TBS Peel
Session is truly a loss. Maybe someone recorded it...
	Mr. Pinefox has asked some questions of me. I will answer
them in the form of a story. Here goes...

	THE CAST

	RHODA: A craftswoman who makes the most fantastic oaken
desks, she spends her days at work and her nights clubbing. Her
darkest secret: she is really only six years old, despite what her ID
says. Her favorite drink: vodka with an orange juice chaser. She's
not as young as she looks, but whoever is in this day and age, in
this day and age? Or at least that's what she tells admirers, or
people who listen to her song.

	NAPSTER: A sagely Durian, he is a postman whose personality
is as prickly as the spines on his gourdlike body. He spends his
spare time surprising people by dropping from trees. His favorite
drink: 7 and 7. Also, he tastes like an onion, only worse. So I am
told, anyway.

	MP3: The world's dullest robot, MP3 (or empee three as he is
referred to more commonly) is an engineer who makes bridges. In his
spare time he sighs a lot and bores people to death by talking about
bridgebuilding minutiae. He's also very fond of the Dave Brubeck
Trio. He also has a short barrel-looking sidekick who speaks in
clicks and whirs, and whose name is DBT, or Deebee Tee. His favorite
drink: oil can.

	There are some more supporting castmembers, but this has
already gone too far. For the record I didn't eat any durian at the
New York Pick Nick, but I was very curious as to their proper
spelling, and now I know. Nevertheless, it was a lot of fun. I still
need to get the pictures out of my camera, actually.
	A random pink-haired girl knocked on Megan and Julie's door
while we were in their dormitory room, and she was on a quest for
pulp products (not to be confused with Pulp products). She saw my B&S
shirt and asked when they were going to tour again. So if any members
of B&S are listening, your casual non-Sinister-cardholding members
are starting to get restless. Best do a tour of duty to keep the
troops' morale up, like Yamamoto would have done. She also had heard
about the picnics we have. Are these picnics universally known to
people who like B&S but aren't on the list? Years later, if I tell
B&S-liking strangers I went to one of these picnics, will they say
"Oh, you went to one of THOSE?" Only time will tell. Actually, if one
of you knows the answer you can tell me as well. Or compose the
answer in the form of a novella, featuring Rhoda, Napster and Empee
Three. Or not.

--
Brian Pennington, aka Mick McMick | cellophanesky at mac.com | ICQ# 39021436
Sandcastle Records: <http://www.indiepages.com/sandcastle/>