Sinister: could it be me (me,me,me)?

Arantxa Sanz pcxas at xxx.uk
Sun Sep 17 18:29:16 BST 2000

I have observed a long time ago how the flux of Sinister information
languidishes,vanishes even during the long and now grey weekends. Those
unfortunate souls as your humble servant for which week days and non-week
days and even Bank Hols might be indistinguishable must account for an
ethnic minority while those legions of pasty-faced mafiosi take over the
pubs of the world...So here I am to alleviate the relax of your mailboxes.

I have rediscovered lately'The stars of track and field'
which self-quoting, it is a tune I never rated  in IYAFS,stunned
by
(oh-so-typical) 'Get me away ...', 'Like Dylan in the Movies','If you are
feeling sinister'.Not very keen in stirring up that old battle about
'epic' in music/...etc, but there is some of that about it.Perhaps it is
Olympics in the air,after all. I managed to destroy my parents' sofa
in the long and warm summer of 1984 impersonating Ekaterina Szabo at
the  bar exercises(how do you write that in proper English? Any gymnast
out there?), so this sort of facts have a huge influence on my fickle
personality.

After a couple of years as an official expatriate, I have become used and
bored of the questionnaires of the type : 'And what do you think of the
British people in Spain?'.To summarise the stereotype,S&M + M&S, both with
a relevant apparition in Murdoch's lyrics,curious.The mid-westernity that
walks along with Lloyd Cole's persona and personae is absent from Belle
and Sebastian's issues,true.Despite the fact that the geographical
distance between Midlands towns and the big,shiny City is negligible in
comparison to any American scale, the luggage the midlander carries with
him/her to Art School in his/her way to the dazzling spheres of
sophistication comes in the same card boxes...and same can be said of the
Film/Media students I befriended as an undergrad in Madrid,originally from
Castillan,Andalusian or Galician rural areas.It is funny how I also
thought how 'American' their feelings towards their villages when I
started to encounter for first time youngsters with great expectations who
had not been born in the 'capital' as myself.

Do you have to be real siblings to be in a duet? Yes(Webb), No
(Montgolfier),you can pretend and add some token 'Brothers' to chosen
family name.However,ignoring even the very basics about both of these
highly praised combos and having the maybe wrong impression about this
coming week performances,could any better informed soul to keep me posted
privately about them? Thanks a lot.

And that's use of the list,not abuse.Love

Arantxa