Sinister: Hello, I left my heart at your place, could you please mail it back?

chris lampinen chrislampinen at xxx.com
Mon Sep 18 10:00:59 BST 2000

Well, well. How are the little minions doing this morning? Swell, I hope!

I just realized what you bastards have done to me. I've been listening to
nothing but indiepop for the last few months.

Today I fixed that. I rediscovered the joys of gusgus and Tricky and Massive
Attack and and and and...

Underworld. I picked up their new live album today and I can't say enough
about how much I love it. I've listened to it start to finish quite a few
times. Just lovely, lovely, lovely.

I know what you lot are thinking- Underworld? How can I cry to Underworld?

You can't; that's the beauty of it.

That, however, is not why I am writing you. I am beat up and depressed. It's
a chore to so much as leave my bed. The only things that can motivate me to
stand up are cookies and cigarettes. My room is a mess. My dog misses me. My
classwork is falling behind. I hardy ever work.

I just want to sleep and cry my life away.

I sleep for 12 hours a night (morning). I wake up and curl up under my
blanket for an hour or so trying to get up enough courage to roll onto the
floor and crawl into the bathroom. And then I go back to bed.

Yes, infatuation does all this and more to a poor little boy.

No, I'm just kidding. I'm doing quite well!

everythingeverythingeverythingeverything

I just had an all american dinner of all potato products! One plate of seven
(7) mini-pierogies and one plate of twenty-two (22) waffle shaped french
fries (slightly burnt) with one (1) medium-large squirt of ketchup (which
isn't made from potatoes, but hey, tomato rhymes with potato so that's close
enough for me, yes). And I feel like taking on the world!!

I have the BEST schedule in history:

4 pm: breakfast
10 pm: lunch
4 am: dinner

Somewhere in between there I fit in classes or work, but like, that's not
really that important. What is important:

That

Dance! my heart out baby! Dance! my heart out baby!

That's how I've been spending my time. I can actually work up a sweat
without standing up. I dance while I'm sitting in chairs. I dance while I'm
walking down stairs. I dance while I'm laying in bed. I dance when my vision
is red. My dog dances too. And my mom. I dance on the couch. I dance on the
hood of my car. I dance in the garage. I dance in the road.

Speaking of the road.

I usually take brief walks around my neighborhood (yes, neighborhood you
goddam anglophiles) when I go out for cigarettes and recently I've found
myself skipping. Do you guys skip? Why not? It's so full of glee, it makes
me feel warm and gooey inside like a certain *murmer murmer murmer* does.
Everyone should skip!!

So why don't you all tell me what you're up to now? I'd like to know, and
this is true! Why why why-- why because I love *you!*

Take care darlings,

Love,
Christiaan