Sinister: Gentlemen Prefer Bongs

Peter Miller pjmiller at xxx.es
Tue Sep 19 10:23:31 BST 2000

I think I made a bit of a mistake the other day when I said that Lloyd Cole
sang about girls whose mothers drive 2CVs. Of course it is the girl who
drives her mother's 2CV. Whatever would Doctor Freud say? Mind you, I think
Lloyd was probably giving more away about himself than he really wanted to.
Do you agree, Piefox? The only burd I ever knew who drove her mother's 2CV
played the double bass and was able to identify the use of Gustave Mahler in
Strawberry Switchblade. Me and Lloyd, we were both able to identify the use
of Castrol GTX in Mahler. No wonder we were so impressed.

Speaking of the good doctor of Vienna, apparently he believed than music was
the sublimation of sexual desire. Where does that leave Lawrence of Felt,
Denim and Go-Kart Mozart fame? In the monkey house, that's where.

I wonder if Stuart Murdoch likes older women?

Peter