Sinister: I heart Moo York

oooon oooon at xxx.com
Wed Sep 20 18:28:22 BST 2000

hello everyone,

i know you just~ can't wait to hear my new york story.  especially
if you even know i went there.   so here's some little bits that still
drifing about in my double jetlagged mind.  i can't believe
how little photo i took.  no matter how i keep reminding myself
to always take a lot of photo, because
1) photo is fun to look at
2) it's always nice to see oneself outside the mirror
3) it's best way to improve photography skill
4) it helps me remember what i did and where i went, etc.

however, this time this new lab can make the index photo
of all the photo!  not the proof photo, but INDEX PHOTO!
which is extra nice, like a very wee mini storyboard.
apparently it's old news to some people, but i'm non hip
to new technology, so i retain the opportunity to get
terribly excited by that.  it's so cute!  some of you will
get to be excited by it too when my father is back.
telling travel story is not easy.  where to begin, and how
to make it reasonably short for humanitarian reason.
i'll kindly skip the triple stop-start parts because myself
might fall asleep recalling it.  not the 22 and a half hours
spending in cupboard very far above the groud that
transported me from Bangkok to New york.  maybe
the ticket hell though, so that you'll know NOT TO
BUY FLIGHT TICKET THAT HAS NOT BEEN CONFIRMED
ALL THE  WAY.  again, apparent old news to everyone
else but me, who couldn't get the flight back as i was
supposed to, meaning likeliness to get fired from
my dearly beloved job.  anyway, in the end i did
manage to come home not too late, thanks to my
diligent travel agent, who might otherwise have
received a poo bomb regularly for the rest of their life.

the above might sound like not very fun trip, but in fact
i have so much fun i don't know what to start.
To every LOVELY one i met there, i wish i can take you home.
because you're very cute and entertaining.  and very very nice
and sweet to me.  especially Amanda and Steve, Matthew and Brian,
and Laurel who adopt me for long time.  and the nice fat fluffy cats
you have.  it boasts my self-esteem that Madeline liked me a lot.
Honey, now i miss your cats!  Splat still won the most walking pillow
lookalike cat i ever met award.  Madeline is more like a moody living
stuff toy, with an uncompromisingly naughty face.
Amanda's Stupid Kitty..i think this effective name says it all really.
that's my cat highlight.  let me move a little bit onto some other
highlight, such as cows.  this is such a good idea!  there're cows
over the city.  each done by one artist.  the one in the Empire State
is a cow bike, whose license plate word adorns my subject line.
they're all very very nice.

then there're shops.  so many many nice shops for everyone.
sadly i couldn't buy anything much because nice things are
either pricy compare to my money shortage or no my size.
but i love them all the same.  shopping is always fun in new city.
especially huge and cool city like this.  i've been there over
2 weeks and probably have not seen half of the good ones!
i simply cannot walk too much.  everyday i went back home
half wishing i could take my legs off and wrap them in pillows
for a long time.  i can just feel muscle painfully developing
in my feet!  but no need to worry about that, now that i'm
home it'll go away in no time.

and i really like the way you freely live out on your own there.
everyone is free to make your own home.  and your house is
so lovely.  now i understand why my friends who live abroad
are totally into house decor.  i'm quite inspired to do something
with my house, as usual when i see nice house and get really
jealous.  but my house is simply hopeless.  anyway, highlight
highlight.  the magic glass!  firstly, the magic bathroom of Bar 89.
see through when empty but not see through when you get in.
secondly the clever shop window of Miyake.  see through when
you 're in front but not when you're not.  lastly, the bloody shop
window of some furniture shop i walked into the first day i arrived.
that head injury only strenghtened the jetlag effect.  therefore,
they're to blame for all the faux pas i did, period.

and then there's the picnic.  Julie, i'm sorry i failed to bring you
birthday present.  but i'll make it up.  some day.  and Mr. Schatz
who brought the ultra exotic Durian and lychee fruits, i salute you.
both for your courage and thoughtfullness.  i simply can not believe
my eyes (and nose), to walk into a picnic in Central Park and
behold a Durian sitting seductively there.     i'm glad you ended up
almost like it though.   but whatever you do with it, do not
ever keep Durian in the bedroom, please. i shudder to think
what your neighbour will do to you and your smelly room.
and sorry to the delicate one who almost got sick.  it's a hard
to acquire taste, but worthy.  really.

also, i'm sorry i went straight to sleep at the picnic, how rude
of me.  i was a bit sick.  medicine's fault!

highlight is more but i got to sleep now.  maybe until next time.

love,
oon xxx