Sinister: new SF indie club

C Koopman colin at xxx.com
Sat Sep 23 00:42:40 BST 2000

What:  Club Lovely
When:  Wednesday, October 4th, October 18th (every two Wednesdays)

Where:  CoCo Club (minna alley, off of 8th, between Mission & Howard)
Cost:  FREE on October 4th

**

Attention!  This is an open invitation to any and all discerning Indie Pop
enthusiasts who are as disenchanted as we are with the current state of Pop
club options in the bay area.   We invite you to check out what we consider
long awaited & much overdue Indie Pop salvation for SF.  Club Lovely comes
to San Francisco on Wednesday October 4th.   What you'll hear at Lovely is
everything you don't at other supposed 'pop scene' clubs.  You'll experience
an eclectic infectious Pop mix representing each era, genre, and region.

Club Lovely will be free on the first night, October 4th.  We realize that
many of you may be attending the Le Tigre show that night but we encourage
you to stop by anyway, before or after.  No cover charge!  If you end up
working those dancing shoes a little too hard at the show, we understand.
Luckily Lovely takes place every two weeks, so you can head back on the 18th
for your bi-weekly dose of refreshing Pop bliss.

**

Music:
belle and sebastian, magnetic fields (and all things Stephin Merritt),
looper, field mice, blueboy (and plenty more Sarah artists), lucksmiths,
heavenly, lilys, boyracer, the smiths, rocketship, holiday, kahimi karie,
jacques dutronc, new order, joy division, orange juice, pulp, divine comedy,
momus, the free design, saint etienne, april march, jane birkin, stereolab,
clientele, felt, the pastels, le mans, trembling blue stars, suede, orlando,
rialto, the minders, apples in stereo, takako minekawa, toulouse, fantastic
plastic machine, the aluminum group, jacques brel, serge gainsbourg, comet
gain, whistler, hefner, blur, charlatans, stone roses, henry's dress, dylan,
beatles, them, james, inspiral carpets, echo & the bunnymen, ride,
chapterhouse, revolver... just to name a few.

We know that there are others out there that want a night like this as
badly as we do.  After all, we started this club so we could hear the music
we like, the music we always wanted popscene to play but they never
would.  We'd love for you to come out, dance, drink (if you'd like)
and just enjoy hearing great Indie/Twee/Brit/French/Jap Pop in a comfortable
environment with a bunch of like-minded people who share the same
appreciation.  So join us and show some support for a couple of kids trying
to bring back what the bay area once had: An enjoyable, and more
importantly, sincere Indie Pop experience in the tradition of Be My
Ambulance and of course all the great indie clubs from northern England.

Also, be sure to check out Modular Lab which takes place at the CoCo Club
on the opposite Wednesdays of Lovely (Lovely on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday,
Modular Lab on the 2nd and 4th).

**

email to: club_lovely at hotpop.com