Sinister: In ThiS SeaSidE TowN ThaT TheY FoRgoT To BurN DowN...

velocity farewell velocity_girl_is at xxx.uk
Mon Sep 25 10:28:49 BST 2000

Hello sinister,

I'd like to worn you before you start reading, those
of you who will anyway; it's not going to be a
cheerful letter...
Today we had the first rain... I woke up with the
sound of rain falling down... it was about 9pm... I
fell back to sleep again.. is it only me who finds the
sound of rain falling down reassuring? And it was so
chilly... quite a difference from the 30-35c that we
were used to... so, I cuddled again under my duvet,
feeling happy, safe, content.. It was still raining
when I woke up... the sky was grey and the air was
carrying the smell of wet soil...
I listened to some music... his voice seems to have
haunted me... it was following me around for the rest
of the day...
Eventually the sun came out in all its glory... my
server was down; and it remained down the whole day...
I had to indulge myself with the pleasures of an
internet café, once more... But I did meet some
friends and I was offered a radio show in a station
here... I don't know what I'll do as they want me to
play 5 days a week from 4-6pm... and they don't pay
for it...
My friend Aris told me that Matt (the sarah and
shinkansen records bloke) said that once he received a
letter from a guy who was writting that he had kissed
the girl he had fallen in love with for the first time
whilst listening to "Pristine Christine"... I don't
know why, but this story made me feel all nice...
The server was still down when I came back home...
And the weather was so melancholic... I thought that I
should read and then walk spooky the dog at the
beach... it was 10pm...
It was so beautiful! The moon was struggling its way
through some heavy clouds... it's a fading summer...
I've just realised... autumn is here... once more...
The sand was full of jellyfishes washed off by the
waves... I was trying not to step on them since
they're so very slimy... if that's the word... there
was this café which was packed the whole summer... but
now there was noone there, noone but an old woman
sitting alone at a table talking on her mobile
phone...
I could hear some music coming from a bar... I could
see the beacon's light going on and off...
Some boys arrived on their motorbikes... Spooky tried
to go into this café and a cat attacked her! The old
bloke who owns the place came out to the door and told
me to take spooky away cause the "cat will eat her"!
Yes! I looked at the sea... the boys were laughing at
the old man and the "dog-eater cat"... I looked at the
sea and walked across the beach once more... I
couldn't see the moon... heavy, grey clouds had taken
over... but I could see the silver light coming
through the clouds and onto the surface of the
water... magical... I could feel the sand under my
feet... I wanted to swim... If...
I stopped by the kiosk on my way back home to buy some
cigarettes... someone called my name... it was this
woman who lives in the same building as I... we had a
small talk over the same old banalities... then she
left... and I bought my cigarettes and starting
walking again, pondering upon these small town
dialectics... they make you feel comfortable and safe
in their own silly way... I came back home... the
server's still down...
It's 11pm... I think I'll make a tape... someone
called but I don't want to go out...
I've been having weird dreams lately... since I came
back to Greece... are dreams a diversion to reality...
I once read a book in which it was written: "dreams
are cruel and if you loved me you wouldn't ask me
about my dreams... I have no dreams... I can't
dream... and I'm so grateful for that"... not in these
words exactly though, but very close... an italian
author, can't remember his name... he was an nobel
prize winner... but I bare no respect for nobel prize
winners... and I was really dissapointed when I found
out that Camus had accepted his... where as Sartre,
whom I always disliked, turned it down... what am I
talking about?
Anyway, I think there's nothing left to say at this
point... I do hope I didn't bore you to tears... just
some random thoughts... whilst his voice is still
echoing in my head...

take care all of you,
             Vel xxx