Sinister: Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 12:09:15 +0100

David White david at xxx.uk
Tue Sep 26 12:14:01 BST 2000

It's changed days in the universities of Britain these days...
Kristin Mitchell wrote:
"there is a Smirnoff Ice promotion at the union bar and its only costing
like a quid a bottle."
Whatever happened to students drinking student drinks, in my day it was all
snakebite and cheap  lager, no wonder they're always complaining about being
skint ;)

It's true about those stars of track and field you know, looks like quite a
few of them fell out the ugly tree and hit all the branches! Seems like
Loneliness of a Middle Distance Runner was written with Britain's middle
distance runners in mind seeing as how most of them spend most of the race
10 metres behind the leaders!
It's strange how many B&S songs could relate to the Olympics, here's a few I
thought of...
Expectations: What all the Olympic athletes start out with.
She's Losing It: What the commentators tend to say when a British athlete is
entering the last 100 metres.
You're Just a Baby: Description of the female gymnasts.
I Could Be Dreaming: Of winning something
It Could Have Been A Brilliant Career: (if he hadn't finished last in the
first heat.)

Hmm, need to get out more....

David White
www.belleandsebastian.freeserve.co.uk