Sinister: Just grab your hat, we'll travel light, that's hobo style

Lucy Alder lucyalder at xxx.com
Tue Sep 26 13:50:03 BST 2000

Hello you lovely bunch of people

I decided to wear high heels to work today.  As Vivian says in Pretty Woman, "Big mistake.  Huge."
 I quite often wear heels at work, but usually the sensible fraction of my brain reminds me to
wear trainers for the fifteen minute march at either end of my train journey and change at the
office.  Not today though, oh no.  I've now lost all feeling in four of my poor little tootsies.

Not only that, but my stomach muscles are killing me too.  This isn't for the usual reason
(alcohol-induced illness), but because of my extreme jealousy of Denise Lewis' six-pack.  Did you
see it?  Non-UK and non-Olympics-obsessed people, she won the gold medal in the Heptathlon.  Who
said stars of track and field are ugly?  Denise isn't!  She's so toned, so gorgeous, so lovely and
I'm so envious.  'Well,' I thought, 'there's only one thing to do.  Sit-ups'.  I waited until my
flatmate was out so he couldn't laugh at me, then got on with it.  Surprise!  No pain!  Until the
next day, that is, when I had far too much trouble getting out of bed.  I think I'll just sit in a
chair for the rest of my life and paint my nails and watch telly.  It's much safer.

Have you all been and had a look at the Sinister photo pages?  There are lots and lots of Red
Knickers Day shenanigans.  The memories just came flooding back...  Hey, watch out Glaswegians,
I'm planning a trip in your direction in a few weeks and you WILL come drinking with me.  You
WILL!  Mwah ha ha!

There seem to be many more spiders webs than usual this autumn.  Last weekend, I saw six of them
on the way home, stretched between bushes and covered in dew, glistening under the orange street
lamp.  The spiders themselves seemed very fat and well-fed, unlike the miserable specimens I found
lurking in my bed the other night.  I pulled back the duvet to climb under and two skinny little
albino spiders came running out.  Albino spiders!  Hens' teeth!  I brushed them onto the floor and
tried to forget they were there because they gave me the willies.  Hopefully I didn't eat one
during the night, because I heard the average person eats several during their lifetime.  Yuck.

That's all for now.  If you're going to the Baxendale gig tomorrow, I'll see you there.

Juicy Lucy

ps. Thank you to all the people who said nice things about my last post.  I was quite surprised,
considering I used a large part of it to describe a cake made with lots of lard.

pps. Mark Casarotto will have my guts for garters for mentioning this, but anyone interested in
kids' TV should click on this here link: http://www.fortunecity.co.uk/cinerama/comedy/109/
They've got MP3s of all sorts of TV theme tunes, including the Littlest Hobo (for Martin) and
Sport Billy (for Miss Velocity) and Bagpuss (for Ally96)