Sinister: I used to have this thing about Link Wray

nicolson ian imn_uk at xxx.uk
Tue Sep 26 15:43:26 BST 2000

Apparently my name is appearing in people's inbox's as
'nicolson ian', which is somewhat distrubing as I have
no idea why this has happened and people may now think
that I have a back-to-front name, like Little John or
Wyndham Lewis or someone.  I shall have to try to
rectify this.  Or maybe I should adopt it as a cunning
pseudonym.

Given away free (whoo-hoo!) with this weeks supposedly
soon to be defunct Sunday Herald was one of these
student guides which appear in their hundreds around
this time of year.  Interspersed throughout it were
little pieces by various movers and shakers
recommending places to visit in the teeming
metropolis' (metropeli?) of Glasgow, Edinburgh and,
er, Stirling.  Featured in the Glasgow section was our
very own Stuart, so in an attempt to break with
tradition and actually post something relevant to
Belle & Sebastian (who?), and because it's quite
short, I've decided to type it out for y'all.  Aren't
I kind?  So, for all you young hipsters new to
Glasgow, or indeed any long-time denizens of that fair
city who fancy trying out the wild, wild lifestyle of
an international rock 'n' roller, here it is!

----------------------
INSIDER INSIGHT
Even sensitive indie pop stars need to cut loose once
in a while.  Stuart Murdoch of Belle and Sebastian
tells us how he goes about it.

**Firhill 7-a-side Pitches**
'When I die I would like my ashes to be scattered here
on the artificial turf where they would blend in with
the plastic sand.'

**Glasgow Cathedral 6.30pm Sunday**
'House music is as dead as dead.  Most clubs are
boring beyond belief.  Try something different.
Something meaningful!  Get back to church!  Afterwards
you can take someone you fancy up the Necropolis.'

**Fratelli Sarti**
'Mamma mia!  Drink a litre of house red and see where
the evening takes you.'
---------------------------------

Well, I for one know where I'll be visiting on my next
trip west!

Idleberry, who appears to have reverted to her maiden
name, slurred:
> I am drunk
but failed to say anything silly or embarrassing,
which was disappointing, as I thought it was the whole
point of posting when worse for wear.  Try better next
time! On occasion I have considered posting whilst,
uh, tired and emotional, but have thankfully always
managed to refrain.  I can only imagine it would be by
turns hilarious and tragic.  In a totally
unintentional fashion.  Actually, it would probably be
more coherent than many of my posts!

Still no sign of 'The Stars...' being used in the
BBC's Olympic coverage, just some horrible M People
nonsense.  I live in hope!

Lurve
Ian N. (or N.Ian, or even Nicolson I., I guess)