Sinister: PaiNtiNg coMpeTitIon

Stephen Hewitt shewitt at xxx.uk
Thu Sep 28 17:03:51 BST 2000

hello there everyone

so we want to have a painting comp with me and kado as the judges, do
we?  k, we'd better have a few rules then...

1.  the subject is "belle and sebastian on top of the pops"  this can be
interpreted as you see fit.
2.  although it's called a painting competition, all entries must be
produced using electronic means only (although scanning stuff in, then
fiddling about with it is fine)
3.  all entries should be sent to carsmilesteve at yahoo.com.  Please, by
all things godly, DO NOT send them to the list or honey will remove my
head with a large rusty saw of some description.
4.  entries should try to be less than 500k pleeeeeeeease
5.  entries will be displayed in a little gallery which will probably be
at something like www.geocities.com/carsmilesteve/gallery probably
(don't go there yet, i'm making this up as i go along)
6.  judges decision is relatively final, all correspondence will be read
and chuckled at.
7.  the winner will receive 1 (one) red rose as seen on TOTP (as long as
honey hasn't sat on it/eaten it/had it nicked by the hard kids at work).
8.  there will be no cash alternatives.  a list of winner will be
available on request.

Closing date will be when we've got enough entries not to look too
embarrassing, or when something really FAB comes in.

In other news, someone mentioned a colemanball relating to the women's
weightlifting and attributed it to DC, but if i'm not mistaken it's
David *Vine* who has been commenting on people's snatches for most of
the week (and their clean and "jerks").

In more clothes-lying-on-the-floor-in-oxford news, I saw a whole pile of
clothes just lying around rather incongruously yesterday.  I have now
decided that this *is* art, at least in my head, which i think makes me
an artist, like what that damien hirst is, probably, innit :)  So, if
anyone else sees random clothes on the street, I made that art.

someone else mentioned orm and cheep, possibly the tweeest cartoon ever
made with the possible exception of bump...<steve feels his own hands
pulling away from the keyboard and moving to his neck to strangle
himself>...no....no....must...talk..about..kids..tv.........moooooreurrrgggghhhhh...

xoxo
The Late CarsmileSteve