Sinister: I listened to you now maybe you'll listen to me

Will Porter porterww at xxx.edu
Fri Sep 29 20:19:29 BST 2000

On Fri, 29 Sep 2000, not your senorita wrote:

> well oi vey spare the horses. lets break this down shall we? (authors note.
> i could be wrong but which of you are really going to contradict me? eh? i
> dare yew) messer is german for knife. or sharp. that sort of thing. and
> schmitt well after a lot of discussion in #sinister we haven't been able to
> figure out anything other than smith. aunthadie says schmitt means schmitt
> and altavista says schmitt means schmitt so whatever a schmitt is. i hope it
> has a nice itme. maybe it is just smith. but wouldn't that just be horribly
> boring *le sigh* right well...

No way!  that would be extra rad!  Dig: if messer means knife, and schmitt
means schitt, then the name means "knifesmith," or perhaps more literally
"knife maker," perhaps even with SHARP, SHINY TEETH.  Can you imagine?  A
plane that makes its own knives and hurls them around willy-nilly, all
the while baring its SHARP, SHINY TEETH.  Absolutely terrifying at worst,
and extra super DOPE at best.

the control keys on my computer aren't working too well right now, which
is making Pine quite a challenge to use.  But I REFUSE (fist in the air,
thick waves of electric defiance rippling from my body) to use one of them
sissy GUI emial programs!  Anyway, so if there's an odd k or x or somesuch
floating around this message, don't mind them.  if you find an unattached
c, then you might just have happened upon evidence that I was chickening
out altogether and not going to send this drivel at all.
ccccc
damn.

So, the past few days I've noticed that I really kind of like lifting
heavy things.  Who knew?  Well, it's really not the actual lifting I
like--it's the being able to lift heavy things.

OOOOH
yesterday, I got a swell new jacket for fall.  it's my first black
clothing in AGES and it looks SO HOT on me.  Well, at least I like to
think so.  the past month or so, I've had nearly 30 consecutive good
mirror days (you know those days where you see your reflection and think
"damn, I'm cute!"), which is about 29 more than I've ever had in the rest
of my life combined.

I saw a corduroy jacket that I wanted that was on sale and it might as
well have had a sign on it that read, "Hi, my name is Will and I will be
your librarian today."  but the sleeves were too short and it had shoulder
pads and my sister said they made me look like a ('merican) football
player, so I didn't buy it.  The other reason I didn't buy it was because
I am poor.  But I'm going to New York City in a couple weeks!  yay!

I keep wearing my B&S badge on my hoodie and trying to show it off around
town but so far I only get questions about it:  "what's that?"  "who are
they?" and (my favorite) "Is that from a wedding or something?"

okie bye

will