Sinister: zombified by don mckellar

Robyn Fadden rfadden at xxx.com
Fri Sep 29 23:20:50 BST 2000

lo'
and behold,

autumn(e) brings bugs into the house; i have gleaned this from
sinister and from my own experiences. i had to kill a small spider
the other day as it reminded me that bigger spiders would be on their
nasty way. but today i rescued, of all things, a furry caterpillar
from the batting paws of my bad black cats. i think it must have
hitched a ride indoors on the back of my pantleg. which got me to
thinking about how to encase myself and my apartment in a succession
of plastic bubbles and airlocks.

ah, but nature's great, just as long as it doesn't get on me.

as i was riding my bike to work today i thought, "now this is more
like it" b/c the weather has turned to damp and overcast again. but i
was really loving summer weather and still cannot bring myself to
wear socks yet. as much as i do love certain socks. anyway, it seemed
that everything moved slower today, even the rain. and no cars tried
to kill me either. i think that perhaps i personify cars too much (by
which i mean give cars human attributes, not give myself, an
inaminate object, car attributes), thinking that the revving of an
engine as a car passes within millimetres of me is an expression of
anger/spite/misfired frustration. when really it is just the sound a
car makes. but really it is more the sound that the driver makes the
car make. i have some issues to work out there.

sigh. will porter posted.
and steven kado boasted.

will porter said the word "rad". he also said "swell". aren't words
the greatest? "gee". ("shoulder pads" i could do without though.)

i have seen many film fest movies and the fest is only half-over. but
i calmed down about it and prescribed to the "quality, not quantity"
rationale. phew. unfortunately, the japanese zombie guitar wolf "wild
zero" movie that k, steven spoke of could not be seen by me as family
descended upon my apartment, causing a rethinking of priorities. ag.
where is my bubble world?

there is a restaurant near my old house called "bubble world". they
serve nothing but bubble drinks. the weirdest drink in the world... i
challenge all to name a (real) drink that is weirder than one that is
half-full of marble-sized squishy tapioca balls that surprise the
drinker each and every time they shoot up the wide and usually
neon-coloured straw and into the drinker's un/suspecting mouth. sort
of the equivalent to the mouth what a strobe light is to the eyes.
thoroughly disorienting. yet still, fun. and sometimes lychee
flavoured.

i saw don mckellar eating popcorn one row up and eight seats over
from me in a movie theatre five days ago. i spazzed internally. but
did not say hello (!). i meant to seize the moment, but the moment
seized me, etc, etc, my sweet old et c. somehow having a crush on a
canadian celebrity seems okay. probably b/c there aren't too many who
are crushable... or, more probably, b/c the words "canadian" and
"celebrity" are a rare combination indeed (i exclude the obvious
fr-cdn chanteuse here).

and then there's Pierre Trudeau. who died yesterday. but i don't want
to talk politics. the cbc is doing enough of that for me. a writer
told a story about how everyone was in love with trudeau even if they
didn't know it, even if they didn't agree with his politics. i cried;
i was susceptible; it was morning; i was just told i was in love with
the man who made canada officially bilingual and so much more. and it
hurts when love is lost.

love
robyn n n n n n n n
(can you believe what came out of my mouth the other day? i said:
"you spell it with a 'y' - it's easy to remember b/c i'm much more of
a why person than an I person." insane. i had to cut myself off from
movies and gin for at least 2 to 3 hours.)

=====
I was reading the dictionary. I thought it was a poem about everything. ~Steven Wright
~~~
Robyn Fadden    rfadden at yahoo.com    Vancouver, BC