Sinister: doorhinges & stephin merritt

teri . magnetic13 at xxx.com
Sat Sep 30 02:47:24 BST 2000

wow, i haven't posted in eons. but then i saw this and couldn't resist.

<<PS Did anyone know the fasinating fact that there are no words at all in
the English language which rhyme with "orange".>>

actually, a year or so ago there was a little competition in which sinister
kids were supposed to make up poems that rhymed impossible words as "orange"
and "silver". i submitted a very, very bad poem that stole jad fair's trick
of "orange" and "door hinge" while at the same time mentioning stuart's arms
of sex and rhyming "silver" with "kill her". if that wasn't bad enough, i
submitted the poem under my ENTIRE name, like first name and last name, and
because of that if anyone enters my name into a search engine, this poem is
one of the first thing that comes up.

it doesn't sound like a bad thing, does it? well, it's freaking me out more
and more every day. i'll be graduating from university in less than two
years and i just *know* that during a job interview type thing they'll do a
quick scan of my name on the internet to see what happens. what will come
up? a crappy poem about sex, killing people and sinister things. lovely. i
even emailed the guy who runs the site where the poems are located but i've
gotten no response. goddamn.

otherwise...

dear emily posted about this awhile ago, but i'll remind you all again -- we
will be hosting a stephin merritt tribute night at the rancho relaxo in
toronto. it's on friday november 3rd (the date changed), will cost $3 and
we'll play a bunch of magnetic fields, future bible heroes, the 6ths, etc
plus tons more. it has a good name too - how fucking romantic. come come
come!

teri, who is glad that eddie won big brother.