Sinister: marie, marie, hold on tight!

marie elia littlearsonist at xxx.com
Sun Apr 1 16:51:38 BST 2001

april is upon us, and i must dig out my modern poetry
anthology from when i was a carefree styudent and
begin my annual somber undertaking: every year on 1
april i read "the waste land" out loud.  it's almost
always raining and/or grey, and i end up staring out
the window, contemplating where i am, where i'm going.
the cruellest month indeed.  fear death by water.

tmalone mentioned seeing "is it wicked..." on M2 or
something, and i was suddenly shuttled back in time to
when i joined sinister in december of 1998.  i had
just joined, and while there was no nursery yet, there
was still the "recommended" two week waiting period.
i had every intention of waiting.  but then i saw "is
it wicked..." on MTV and i was so excited that i had
to post.  unfortunately, my post went something like,
"i know i'm not supposed to post yet but i just saw a
b&s video on t.v. and oh my god i must be the first
person ever to see them on t.v."  etc etc.

why is blake working out and getting contacts and
otherwise ruining his perfectly good indieboy
appearance?  now you'll never get a girl-who-wears-
glasses, blake.  never.  they'll think you're some
bud-drinking, football-watching tough guy.  tsk tsk.

johan talked about hitting on cute girls on public
transportation.  this once happened to me.  i Was that
cute girl.  a nice art student sat next to me on an
 almost empty bus and  immediately started out with,
 "so what bands do you like?"  i looked at his badges
 on his schoolbag and said, "i like those bands." heh.
 quite flattering. he was on his way to buy art
supplies at a store that i live near, though, so he
 doesn't take that bus very often.

i always hated when the working folks on this list
took little shots at the lazy care-free students.
because i Was a student.  but now i work 9-5 and then
come home to a full box of sinister mails by lazy
carefree students and i envy them.  "cuz school's out
forever, and i'm never gonna let it go."

ribena and vimto tie for the scariest beverage ever.
one morning at mell street, julie and i scoured the
kitchen for JUICE.  all we found was carbonated syrup
that tried to pass for juice. y'all drink some
 weird-ass shit.

xoxo,
ree

=====
"to me she was just marie."  -mersault

"Let me, for our happiness/
 Be the one to love the less." -dorothy parker

http://www.chickpages.com/poetrypod/lilarsonist