Sinister: British Television

Rinaldo Thatchez ryanbthat at xxx.com
Thu Apr 5 17:48:35 BST 2001

There's not a bit of content here so don't bother looking...

Somebody's got to catch me up here.

I spent July 1999 - Jan. 2000 living in England and developed quite a taste
for the local telly. I have to agree with those of you who've mentioned it,
all favorably, that Spaced is absolutely brilliant. Probably the best TV
comedy since...well, maybe ever. I watched nearly every episode of the first
season which was quite a commitment  since, as I remember, it was on Fridays
(or maybe Saturdays, but definitely a night when I felt I would rather have
been out). I can only pray it someday makes it over to the U S of A.

I also quite enjoyed Eastenders and all this talk of who shot Phil Mitchell
is really confusing. Hadn't he left the show? And if he's back is he back
together with that lovely girl who used to be a prostitute? Is the show
still centered around the Vic? It was to be sold wasn't it? What about that
bastard that got Matthew sent up for murder? (I never did see if he got off
or not although one of my neighbors had a hilarious window sign reading
"Free the Walford One")

Any help would be appreciated,

rinaldo