Sinister: obfuscation is a word i learned today

M. Curtin mecurtin at xxx.ca
Sat Apr 7 07:53:43 BST 2001

oh la la oh la la j'ai une histoire i happen to attend a certain ontario
university not renowned for taste in all things crumpety that harbours a
preference for all things gap and club monaco but today was last day of
classes and i went for a bizarre little brit pop esque night at campus bar
because i've always wanted to go but never had no one (never) to go with but
that's okay i did tonight and i went and spent time nursing coffee because
that's all i could afford tonight and then they finally played some smiths
for us and we bip bopped and did our rendition of the sailor's hornpipe but
that's not the point because minutes later  i looked down and saw that
someone had scralwed STUART on the table and upon this i remarked that it
would be a small miracle if they played a certain band with a stuart in it
as i've never heard them in public only in the sanctuary of my room and i
suddenly heard strains of music familiar to me and i realized they were
playing none other than BELLE AND SEBASTIAN and i flew out of my seat upset
coffee etc and bip bopped some more but it's hard to dance especially if you
can't dance and especially if it's the boy with the arab strap but i danced
anyway and i was happy because hearing those sounds in a place where i
thought i could only ever hear destiny' child made me happy etc and it made
me think that maybe i can belong at the university of wealthy ontarioans and
then i was really hyper and they played more smiths for us and some of the
cure but i forgot to wear a shirt long enough to tie in a knot at the side
but i did the buttons all the way up and turned up my collar and put my hair
in a side ponytail and looked really hip happening (in my opinion of
renaissance 80s as one has to work with what one has) and then i was mad and
called the dj a prick cuz he kept playing oasis and i wanted to cry and all
i wanted was a girlfriend in a coma (figuratively) and finally they played
it and all was well and i must say that it was a good night and OH how one
does need puncuation every once and a while and sorry for this mess but i'm
in transports of glee and i thought you might want to care and there's hope
yet for you kidlets coming to uwo next year in that all might not be lost
yours without a comma (or coma but i'm not a girlfriend at the moment)
marybeth