Sinister: No Subject

Spiticuss at xxx.com Spiticuss at xxx.com
Sun Apr 8 21:13:59 BST 2001

hello
    where to start.. well i'm new here, and I've decided to post finally
becuase its the first few days my spring vacation, and I havent found a
worthwhile adventure yet.
    When I was much younger of course I glamourized being grown up, thinking
i could do whatever I wanted, when ever I wanted.
    But as the story always goes, as you get older you get the long dreaded
responsibilities and more than anything else, just dont have the energy to
skip through the rain on the way home anymore. How persepective changes.
    A while ago I realized that I've gotten too grumpy. i must take advantage
of still being young, and having the advantage of being taken seriously more
or less in the tall world.
    I admit, I'm still just a freshman in high school.  I'm not aloud to
complain yet, but I do have my share of going to the most esteemed and
difficult academic school in NYC, and then working 4 out of the 5 weekdays
until about 9 o'clock, and coming home to find my brother (a second term
senior) sleeping in my bed (he doesnt go to school much any more I guess)
telling me that he's lonely and won't i tell him a story or crab fight with
him.  I love him and I dont know what i will do when he goes to college, but
i find myself being so resentful of him recently. ugh. i'm acting like my
parents and i'm only 15 years old.
    Anyways, back to my point.  vacations. i have a week off. last vacation i
tried to do something new every day.  I realized that it really is true that
if you wanna do something alls you gotta do is get up off your unenthusiastic
ass, and go somewhere.  I found myself hitch-hiking around down-town
brooklyn, in the back of big grocery delivery trucks quite a bit (not wanting
to go TOO far, in order to be home for dinner).
    Oh, and i went up to the top cabin of the Staten Island Ferry and pulled
the little lever that blows the fog-horn, and then chilling out with the ...
well I guess they're sailors.. they didnt act like sailors. sailors look more
like pirates. anyways, very wholesome activity. I suggest it if you find
yourself in a ferry any time soon.

    Right.. so what was i talking about.  OH YEA, ok so I want to take
advantage of the fact that i'm not a crusty old tired woman yet, but also
that I have quite a bit of freedom these days.  Perhaps i should build a hut
in the woods in prospect park and sit in it for a while.
    What I really wanna do is jump on a freight train to Canada. I have a
canadian that I would like to visit very much. First of all, i dont know
where a freight yard is (I could find that out) second of all I dont know
which way is north (I could ask my mom), and third of all, i have to be home
for dinner.  my parents dont approve of hitchhiking, and freight train
hopping, and all kinds of fun stuff like that.

    on a last note, i would like to make it public that Danny Elfman is a
genious and I think he should run for president, or ride around on an
elephant all the time or something.  If you dont beleive me, listen to the
Ice Dance by him from edward scissorhands. Best Ever.

ta,
Sophie