Sinister: ATP 2001

David Moore Daf_Moore at xxx.com
Mon Apr 9 20:25:33 BST 2001

Hi Peter, I mean All,

Back from ATP, knackered - I reckon I've had 14 hours sleep in 4 days.

Had a GRATE time, wish you had all been there. Actually I don't really, as
that would have made it even harder to get a seat in The Queen Vic.
ListMummy Honey you should be proud of us for upholding the tradition of
having one or more fragrant Sinisterines present to defend our usual corner
at all times when the pub was open. Not closing the bar until 5 a.m. is
*such* a great idea~.

Sadly there was no football competition organised this year so I think that
Sinister F.C. retains the title by default. The only footie I saw was on TV
in the bar & after the chalet party, on the beach at about 7 o'clock on
Sunday morning

(If the format of this post is reminiscent of last year's then please
forgive me. Old people repeat themselves without realising it.)

I think just highlights for now, in no particular order. Possibly more
later.

PRIMA CHALET RINA

We had the bestest chalet of course, so thanks to Ally, Carey, Chris, Gav,
Jo, Lucy and Sally for making it such a fantastic weekend. They brought so
much vodka that some of it had to be made into jelly. We were so reluctant
to part that we didn't leave Camber Sands until after 2 p.m. today. Mwah!

IS JENOWL REAL?

She was until the hard kids got her.

(Message on board)

MONGED OFF HIS TITS

I'll leave that one out.

SMELL YOUR MAW

I look forward eagerly to Ken applying the lessons he got from Jo in
Glaswegian swearing.

ALL TO MOORO'S PARTY

Impress the neighbours by having an all night party & then throwing them out
of it. It was GRATE though, good company, espresso cocktails, jelly slurping
competitions, a Foxgloves+ gig in my bedroom, a Beatles, Stones, Billy
Bragg, Smiths, Morrissey, et al singalong in the main room & then the beach.

Your correspondent even caught himself singing along to a couple of Magnetic
Fields songs. Sorry.

DRUMS ON FIRE

Didn't see too many bands. Tortoise won, Broadcast were close runners up.
The Sea And Cake were good but unfortunately I was only able to see the last
couple of numbers as they clashed with Lambchop (who were OK - playing such
a quiet set would succeed in somewhere like the Queen Elizabeth Hall but not
against the noise of several hundred people chattering at the bar.) Calexico
were, well, interesting.

There were a couple of excellent DJ sets in the pub. Sadly I didn't see the
Chris Geddes & Andy Symington ones.

WE LIKE TO TUNE SO MUCH MORE THAN WE LIKE TO PLAY

Said Tom Verlaine of Television. I have no concept of irony so I took him at
his word and went back down to the pub.

DUELLING GUITARS

There was a lot of brilliant music played in chalets. Thanks to Gav, Joe,
Trousers, Tim, Ally, Carey, Richard, Martin, Sean and anyone else who
entertained me with excellent songs & covers.

SHAKE SOME ACTION

Phil danced/had booty everywhere, & drew crowds at DDR. Ken & Martin did too
(also). Le Troussé in comedy shades & poodle wig in the pub.

CAMERA OBSCURA

's new album sounds good - can't wait to get a copy. Single Eighties Fan
(out soon!) has a lovely wall of sound arrangement courtesy of one Stuart
Murdoch & I can't get it out of my head today.

That'll do for now

Love to all,

David Moore
Chelmsford, UK